• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Daily Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Albert-Camus-Quotes-2.jpg

Level 9
Talking about EU Censorship?

"Censorship is saying: 'I'm the one who says the last sentence. Whatever you say, the conclusion is mine.' But the internet is like a tree that is growing. The people will always have the last word - even if someone has a very weak, quiet voice. Such power will collapse because of a whisper."
-Ai Weiwei

Level 10
Life is like a substandard melee map. Why? Cause it isn't symmetrical at all.

When life gives you a trigger remember the conditions.

When you feel like someone is liking you, tell her "I love you too" and say advance ako mag isip

Level 22
AC said, "THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER."
And AC said, "LET THERE BE LIGHT!"

~ Last Question, Isaac Asimov

Level 22
"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men." ~ Charles Darwin

Level 19
If to exist is to suffer, than why choose to exist at all?

I stand alone the mountain and I until only the mountain remains, exodus 'the futility of life'

They say life is precious, I say "Prove it"

Strip a person of their power, their dignity, their sense of self, and what do you have but a sad and broken thing of no value. If this is so then in reality we are all broken beings wearing the shell of self worth when in reality we are nothing.

Level 10
The burden is not the things it is us.

Life of a human is like a glass fragile and expensive.

Expect much and be hurt that much.

Dreams are like stones, they scatter.

Beautiful is the life with regrets and imperfection.

Peace
On
Reality
Now

Level 22
Strip a person of their power, their dignity, their sense of self, and what do you have but a sad and broken thing of no value. If this is so then in reality we are all broken beings wearing the shell of self worth when in reality we are nothing.
What a pessimistic view of life, I kinda like that edge™.

Level 19
a positive outlook does not make a broken arm any less painful, so why let optimism control your outlook when you can find the right pill instead

I am a pessimist because of my intelligence, I suffer because I am wise, I fail because I am ambitious. therefore know when to be ignorant of your negatives, when hardship arises strive to be foolish, in order to succeed know when to give up!

a pessimist complains about the cold, the realist builds a fire and the optimist warms their hands. of the three the optimist did the least amount of work because at least the pessimist pointed out that it was cold.

Level 10
"There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always lands heads and tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...."

- Grimsley

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
“Friendship is less simple. It is long and hard to obtain but when one has it there's no getting rid of it; one simply has to cope with it. Don't think for a minute that your friends will telephone you every evening, as they ought to, in order to find out if this doesn't happen to be the evening when you are deciding to commit suicide, or simply whether you don't need company, whether you are not in the mood to go out. No, don't worry, they'll ring up the evening you are not alone, when life is beautiful. As for suicide, they would be more likely to push you to it, by virtue of what you owe to yourself, according to them. May heaven protect us, cher Monsieur, from being set upon a pedestal by our friends!”
~Albert Camus.

quote-if-we-believe-in-nothing-if-nothing-has-any-meaning-and-if-we-can-affirm-no-values-whatsoever-albert-camus-49-16-38.jpg

Reactions: pyf
Level 22
''The two powers which in my opinion constitute a wise man are those of bearing and forbearing'' - Epictetus

''The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open'' - C. Joybell

''If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it'' - Mary Engelbreit

''Falling in love is not a choice. To stay in love is'' - Author Unknown

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
“What I'm sure of is that you can't be happy without money. That's all. I don't like superficiality and I don't like romanticism. I like to be conscious. And what I've noticed is that there's a kind of spiritual snobbism in certain 'superior beings' who think that money isn't necessary for happiness. Which is stupid, which is false, and to a certain degree cowardly.... For a man who is well born, being happy is never complicated. It's enough to take up the general fate, only not with the will for renunciation like so many fake great men, but with the will for happiness. Only it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience. And in almost every case, we use up our lives making money, when we should be using our money to gain time. That's the only problem that's ever interested me.... To have money is to have time. That's my main point. Time can be bought. Everything can be bought. To be or to become rich is to have time to be happy, if you deserve it.... Everything for happiness, against the world which surrounds us with its violence and its stupidity.... All the cruelty of our civilization can be measured by this one axiom: happy nations have no history.”
~Albert Camus.

quote-he-who-despairs-of-the-human-condition-is-a-coward-but-he-who-has-hope-for-it-is-a-fool-albert-camus-30649.jpg

Level 22
''In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks'' - John Muir

''Classes struggle, some classes triumph, others are eliminated. Such is history; such is the history of civilization for thousands of years'' - Mao Zedong

''The people, and the people alone, are the motive force in the making of world history'' - Mao Zedong

''Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage'' - Lao Tzu

''Love does not dominate; it cultivates'' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

''Behavior is the mirror in which everyone shows their image'' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

''Fortune knocks but once, but misfortune has much more patience'' - Laurence J. Peter

''A crown is merely a hat that lets the rain in'' - Frederick the Great

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
“...we rarely confide in those who are better than we. Rather, we are more inclined to flee their society. Most often, on the other hand, we confess to those who are like us and who share our weaknesses. Hence we don't want to improve ourselves and be bettered, for we should first have to be judged in default. We merely wish to be pitied and encouraged in the course we have chosen. In short, we should like, at the same time, to cease being guilty and yet not to make the effort of cleansing ourselves.”
~Albert Camus.

quote-i-continue-to-believe-that-this-world-has-no-ultimate-meaning-but-i-know-that-something-albert-camus-39-4-0444.jpg

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
@pleasancer benediction if by food he meant what people desire, then probably yes.

“God is not needed to create guilt or to punish. Our fellow men suffice, aided by ourselves. You were speaking of the Last Judgement. Allow me to laugh respectfully. I shall wait for it resolutely, for I have known what is worse, the judgement of men. For them, no extenuating circumstances; even the good intention is ascribed to crime. Have you at least heard of the spitting cell, which a nation recently thought up to prove itself the greatest on earth? A walled-up box in which the prisoner can stand without moving. The solid door that locks him in the cement shell stops at chin level. Hence only his face is visible, and every passing jailer spits copiously on it. The prisoner, wedged into his cell, cannot wipe his face, though he is allowed, it is true. to close his eyes. Well, that, mon cher, is a human invention. They didn't need God for that little masterpiece.”
~Albert Camus.

quote-those-who-lack-the-courage-will-always-find-a-philosophy-to-justify-it-albert-camus-4-66-20.jpg

Level 22
@deepstrasz:

"I'll tell you why it's not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that. You can explain why the tide goes in…" ~ Bill O'Reilly

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
quote-the-slave-begins-by-demanding-justice-and-ends-by-wanting-to-wear-a-crown-he-must-dominate-in-his-albert-camus-216244.jpg

“In different degrees, in every part of the town, men and women had been yearning for a reunion, not of the same kind for all, but for all alike ruled out. Most of them had longed intensely for an absent one, for the warmth of a body, for love, or merely a life that habit had endeared. Some, often without knowing it, suffered from being deprived of the company of friends and from their inability to get in touch with them through the usual channels of friendship—letters, trains, and boats. Others, fewer these... had desired a reunion with something they couldn’t have defined, but which seemed to them the only desirable thing on earth. For want of a better name, they sometimes called it peace.”

~Albert Camus.

Level 7
quote-the-slave-begins-by-demanding-justice-and-ends-by-wanting-to-wear-a-crown-he-must-dominate-in-his-albert-camus-216244.jpg

“In different degrees, in every part of the town, men and women had been yearning for a reunion, not of the same kind for all, but for all alike ruled out. Most of them had longed intensely for an absent one, for the warmth of a body, for love, or merely a life that habit had endeared. Some, often without knowing it, suffered from being deprived of the company of friends and from their inability to get in touch with them through the usual channels of friendship—letters, trains, and boats. Others, fewer these... had desired a reunion with something they couldn’t have defined, but which seemed to them the only desirable thing on earth. For want of a better name, they sometimes called it peace.”

~Albert Camus.
quote-peace-without-truth-is-a-false-peace-menachem-mendel-of-kotzk-140-13-06.jpg

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
quote-we-are-living-in-the-era-of-premeditation-and-the-perfect-crime-our-criminals-are-no-albert-camus-49-16-39.jpg

“It happens that the stage sets collapse. Rising, streetcar, four hours in the office or the factory, meal, streetcar, four hours of work, meal, sleep, and Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday according to the same rhythm – this path is easily followed most of the time. But one day the “why” arises and everything begins in that weariness tinged with amazement.”
~Albert Camus.

quote-the-real-19th-century-prophet-was-dostoevsky-not-karl-marx-albert-camus-51-4-0474.jpg

Level 22
"Programming consists mainly of labor to create a product. But programming is not just labor towards an end product. It is also labor towards making the labor itself easier." - Bisqwit

Status
Not open for further replies.