• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

D2:R Technical Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The Diablo II: Resurrected Single-player Technical Alpha testing has begun.

Starting on April 9, 2021, a limited amount of PC players who have pre-registered on the Diablo II: Resurrected website are currently able to download the Technical Alpha. Blizzard says that "The Diablo II: Resurrected Technical Alpha is only the first test. There will be at least one other chance to participate in a future test."

1TPVY5CTTCBB1613591619922.jpg

Livestreams are available on Twitch.tv and YouTube gaming

Playable Acts/quests (so far)
  • The Sightless Eye
  • The Secret of the Vizjerei
Playable characters/classes (so far)
  • Amazon
  • Barbarian
  • Sorceress

The page about TACT on WowDev for D2:R has therefore been updated accordingly (it used to be completely blank until yesterday afaik)

Official announcement:

Last edited:
Level 20
According to a leak from a supposedly very credible redditor named PracticalBrush12, Diablo 2: Resurrected might release as soon as September 23rd.

Rhykker covered this in his video (start at 9:10):

Level 20
Well, got Beta access from the Twitch promotion thingy and I have to say - I'm positively surprised with game performance.

I run D2:R on the same laptop that struggled with Reforged on low-medium and it has absolutely no issues with Resurrected on medium-high settings. Load times seem slightly longer, but still very fast. Once you enter the game, the framerate is a bit lower for like a second or two, but after that it runs smoothly. Probably the biggest issue I've encounted was an occassional desync. So, overall pretty good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.