• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cyberlink PowerDVD 13 does not start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Cyberlink 13 had been working properly for a long time, until last week. When i open it, nothing happens, even when i try to start it form the Taskbar.
I do not know why it does not start.

I have Windows 7. Processor: Pentium D 2.80 Ghz. 2 GB ram. LG DVD Drive.
It surpises me because according to the system it works, it does not have any virus and my Avast antivirus did not mentioned anything about it.
I appreciate if you can help me.

Level 28
To check if the process is even running, open up the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and see if there's an executable possibly matching PowerDVD (like CyberlinkPowerDVD.exe or something like that).

In any case, you should reside to other players in my opinion because PDVD is crap (slow, unreliable and only useable for watching DVDs on your PC - who'd spend even five dollars for that, really?).
MPCHC (Media player classic home cinema) features dvd menus - all you need is to drag the first *.ifo into the player window after loading/mounting the DVD eg. AND it's free.

Level 1
Thanks for input; I have installed this and dumped Cyberlink; so how do I set it up so that MPC-HC is the default when I insert a DVD into the tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.