• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Customizable Effects (+ a tool)

Now anyone can create his own effects with little to no effort, no lags and only 1-2kb map space for each effect. Or scale the needed attachement effect up or down. Now updated. Yay!

Special effects creation tool:

Download: >>CLICK<<

Current contents:
The tool can automatically attach any model from wc3 achives to the model, scale the attached effect and has a pleasant visual menu.

1 orb.mdx, 2 orbs.mdx and 4 orbs.mdx - effect attachements rotating.
Lightning Shield.mdx - customizeable lightning shield (3 effects attacheable)
Blood Mage Spheres.mdx - replaceable Verdant Spheres. Attach to Overhead.
Effect Scaler.mdx - single attachement that can help you scale needed effects with two clicks. See screenshots below.

Now there are two more. I don't personaly fancy them too much, they were made on demand and don't look as good as the others. But they are included and indeed working:
TinkerRocketMissile.mdx - tinker's missile with replaceable rocket. Downside is that attached effect doesn't play death animation - you will have to add it via triggers.
Aura.mdx - makes wc3 effects flat and wide so they look like auras. Pick the effect carefuly.

0000.jpg

NOTE: you can use imported effects, just enter the custom path.

Customization of this model with your own hands is very simple, though i higly recommend using the tool made by Retera. His tool makes editing the effects much easier without cutting the functionality.

Open Model Editor. Open Windows tab in Model Editor and go to the Node Manager. Double-click the EDIT_ME_N; thing. Type in any wc3 model path you would like to see. Just don't forget to type it in as.mdl. You can copy-paste it from Object Editor in World Editor. Keep in mind that effect is only visible ingame. Don't forget to save the model.

210592-albums5125-picture106794.png

More customizeable effect can be found here: CLICK. (Same effects as in the tool folder)

NOTE: if you feel like your effect is facing a wrong direction when attached to this model try RMB billboarded on the EDIT_ME_N things in object editor.

If by any chance you find a wc3 model that doesn't work with this dummy or if you have any questions or suggestions - don't hesitate to comment here.

Credit if used, edit it however you want.

Screenshots:
210592-albums5125-picture106835.png
210592-albums5125-picture106836.png
1.jpg

213123123.jpg

Credits: Tool Coding - Retera; Models and idea - Jesushipster

Aditionaly check out the system that allows customization in World Editor via JAZZ.

Have fun!

Keywords:
guide, tutorial, toolset, program, elemental, fire, water, stone, nature, storm, lightning, missile, attachement, custom, death, holy, demonic, shield
Contents

Customizable Effects (+ a tool) (Model)

Reviews
22:36, 29th Mar 2016 HappyTauren: Although there's not much "model" to speak of, I'll approve this due to its inherent usefulness, and the obvious "why didn't I think of this" factor. But I'll suggest you to make a pack of these since this, by and...
Level 8
can i use this to edit orb of Fire effect? , the effect that has a fire orb rotating around the weapon.
You mean, to use fire orb from the effect without having it rotating around on it's own? That would require model editing, because it is the animation of the effect itself.
If you'll use orb of fire effect with this tool, you should get trajectory of the orb that looks just like the Moon's around the Sun.

Level 6
How do I change the path for the special effect creation tool? I accidentally set it wrong and I don't know how to set the path again