• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom ui question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hey not sure if this belongs here so if it does please move it admin :). Now for my question, I remember reading that in a altered melee map you can have only a maximum of 4 custom ui's is this still true? because I have a map with 6-8 race and i'd like to add a unique ui for all of them.

Level 15
It should be so, since custom UIs can only replace the import paths of the UIs of the base races. Having more than 4 UIs would require new import paths, which do not overwrite the human/undead/orc/nightelf UIs, and it would require more than 4 choices in the race selection menu at the start of each game, since they control which UI your custom race uses.
Although, someone might have come up with a way around this of which I haven't heard yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.