• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom UI - MiniMap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am trying to create a custom minimap image for my custom interface. I have been searching forever to find the right way to do it.
This is the best i have so far

• Dialog - Create an Image for Dialog (Last created dialog) with the dimensions (500, 500) anchored to Center with an offset of (0, 0) setting the tooltip to "" using the image Minimap.tga as a Normal type with tiled set to false tint color White and blend mode Lighten
As you can see, all i am using is Minimap.tga . There are no units on the minimap, no fog of war and no pings. (logical, as minimap.tga is just a dead image)
How do i make a dynamic minimap, similar to the original UI.

Level 11
math and smaller images.

Just figure out where the things you want on there are and then create little images/icons to represent them on the map. Then, constantly update the location of the icon on the map so that it is consistent with the location in the real game-world.

Status
Not open for further replies.