• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom texture makes WE crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello !

I'm trying to import recolored textures into a map, and everything works fine until I replace TerrainArt\Dalaran\Dalaran_SquareTiles.blp . Here's what I do :

- import a custom cliff texture as ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\Cliff1.blp
- save the level
- close World Editor
- open World Editor
- open the level - everything works fine, texture is imported.
- import a custom texture for TerrainArt\Cityscape\City_RoundTiles.blp
- save the level
- close World Editor
- open World Editor
- open the level - everything works fine, texture is imported.
- import a custom texture for TerrainArt\Dalaran\Dalaran_SquareTiles.blp
- save the level
- close World Editor
- open World Editor
- open the level - World Editor crashes.

After some investigation, i found out that having to load the texture in the "Modify Tileset" setting, or having the texture placed inside the level - so it has to load - makes World Editor crash.
This means that using another tileset than dalaran's original tileset make the map load, but trying to load the texture through "Modify Tileset" doesn't work - obviously :p

Here's the texture I'm trying to import : http://file.ravatroll.com/Bloodelf_SquareTiles.BLP

It's the first time i'm having issue with such a simple thing.
I've been trying opening the map with both vanilla World Editor and NewGen World Editor.
I'm editing the textures in paint.net, using the same method for the three textures. I work with .tga files. They load fine in warcraft III viewer.
I've tried copy/pasting the texture into a new TGA file and convert it to a new blp, without success.

I don't know what to try anymore. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that this texture is a cliff base tile.

Anyone can help me with this ? :)

Level 3
Welp that was indeed a corrupted texture. Tried both Warcraft III viewer and an obscure tga to blp converter and both time the file ended up corrupted i guess.
Thanks, for now on I shall be using this. :D

Level 29
The texture is loadable by my BLP parser and by BLP Lab, I wonder what changed to make it corrupted for the game.

I also can't get the editor to actually use the texture with the path you gave, not sure why.

Out of interest, can you try the attached texture?

/Edit
I did not notice this forum is dead and that this is from 20 days ago...

Attachments

• Bloodelf_SquareTiles2.blp
    58.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.