• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

the custom cliff texture won't work grrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I'm trying to make the Dalaran or City Scape cliffs with custom texture but it doesn't work. I mean when you use raise the terrain with one or more levels using the square tiles as base, you can see how it looks. This is 256x256 and if I add my own 256x256 custom texture to replace it, it won't work, the same dalaran or cityscape cliff appears as if I haven't done it at all.

This is the dalaran cliff when you raise the floor with some levels. Its path is ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\X_Cliff1.blp

I rename my own 256x256blp to this name, path it and nothing happens. Mine is just a brick wall to replace that. I've tried also resizing mine to 128x128, 128x256, 512x512, 512x256, 256x512. I even tried with changing the tileset to Cityscape and using Textures\City_CliffSquareTiles.blp and again. Does it work for anyone else and how can I solve this?

Level 22
I need it for a wall, a map representing interior with walls between the rooms, instead of creating 10000 walls on the entire map with another 10 000 ground/air blockers that still don't work and units can pass. I think that's what the up one level is for. Sry if you got me wrong - i mean not rocky cliffs like caves, etc but the dalaran walls you make by elevating the ground that look you know how with that texture i showed.

I would recolor an existing cliff texture to check if it is my texture but it won't work again. Just looking for someone who can solve this or it already works for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.