• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Skin does not load 1.29+ patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The custom skin BLP file is likely malformed. Try reconverting the skin with a more compliant BLP tool or library.

The reason it worked with older versions was likely down to chance.

When converting a texture using BLP lab it is important that all mipmap levels are defined. The smallest must be 1x1 pixel. There should also be no "dummy" mipmaps seeing how those make no logical sense however due to how buggy BLP Lab is one might not be able to get the exact number of mipmaps so 1-2 dummy mipmaps should be fine. Also make sure the source image contains an alpha channel in case such tools do not bother adding one before encoding the JPEG data. Use a JPEG compression quality of 80% with non-progressive encoding. Stay away from indexed (palleted) colour as all old implementations of that are extremely buggy due to following wrong specifications.

The custom skin BLP file is likely malformed. Try reconverting the skin with a more compliant BLP tool or library.

Hey I'm having the same problem, all felhound textures downloaded from hiveworkshop seem not to be working. It's not a problem with the texture, Blizzard probably changed the file path or something.

Yeah i guess that's the case. I've tried what Dr Super Good said and it didn't work. (It's always good to learn something new though ;) )
Then i figured out that the problem isn't related to a particular texture but Blizzard must've changed the file path.

Status
Not open for further replies.