• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom models completely white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I wanted to use the magnificent doodad models from the map (here on hive) 'Human Error'. The creator wrote that the content can freely be used and exported. But when i opened the map there were a few models that were completely white (probably because the texture data is broken or missing?). Then i tried to edit the model paths and i tried to make the doodads destructibles to change the replacing textures. But i still couldn't make the white doodads work. I tested the map on older versions too but the affected doodads were still white. The funny thing is in the map maker's video the models were all perfectly working. When you other users download the map and open it do you also have these white doodads (egyptwall)? And has anybody an idea how the white doodads can be fixed? I also tried to download the broken doodads on the sides that the map maker mentioned. But on the mentioned sides was not one of these doodads. So i hope we can fix the broken doodads, because they are unbelieveably great. This is the mentioned map:
Human Error v1.0

Last edited:
Level 7
Did you try opening the models in Magos' Model Editor to see the texture paths they're pulling from?
I will download that model editor now. But do you have the same problem with that map? I have written that issue to the map maker already. I think it could have something to do with a newer patch after that map was released.

Level 39
I opened it and everything seems to have textures. What version of the WE are you running? I am using 1.29 with WEX.

human error.jpg

Level 39
Still no error. I maneuvered my camera through the whole length of the tomb both inside and out and didn't see anything with a white or missing texture. Then I tried all of the egyptianwall models and they worked too. Screenshot with a farm using wall2 as its model file next to other wall doodads that are working:

wall 1.jpg

Level 7
Make sure your Warcraft III video settings are set to maximum. They have a tendency to default to not maximum and when textures are not maximum it is known to cause glitchy white surfaces.
I have set everything to maximum. My Warcraft 3 version is still from 2017, possibly that version causes that glitch in the map? Or is it possible that my computer is not sufficient for that big map (it's 47mb)? I will import some of the models into my map and then update my map here. When you see that the doodads work there then it's just my computer. I want to update my wc3 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.