• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How can I edit the features of items? like how much bonus some item gives, or like the item that summons skeletons, how can I change how much damage they do etc?

Level 30
Well, it is just pure object editor. Just find the item in the Object Editor and change its abilities. For changing skeleton's damage, it's mostly based on a unit so you will just have to find the unit Skeleton most likely I think at Undead then Campaign part and change its Damage Base to your liking.

Level 7
I tried to find how to change properties of what unit is summoned but the ability category only has "items" and "abilities". There is nothing else than default items and abilities I can choose for items effect.

Level 30
I stand corrected, I pretty much do think that there is no items that has an ability of summoning skeletons but instead animating them through Dead Corpses. There is an item called Scroll of Animate Dead with an ability Item Animate Dead though you cannot change what units it summons so your best option is a same ability found at Undead and is called Raise Dead, you can change what units it raise.

Though you could achieved having a Summon Skeleton Ability if you will create a custom ability for it though.

Level 26
The special properties of items are the listed abilities. Abilities all function pretty unique. Search for one that fits your task. For your example "Item: Summon Skeleton" (AIfs) sounds okay. You can see some data fields there that let you specify parameters for the type of ability. Unit summon abilities of course do not define the unit, only reference an existing unit object. So if you want to set general properties of the summoned units, you have to look up those units in the unit editor and modify them.

Status
Not open for further replies.