• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, if you know anything about Melee maps on a professional level, you often see advertisement from match sponsors littered across the map in the form of various doodads. My question is, how do I turn my sponsors jpeg image into a doodad to place into my wc3 melee map?

example attached.

Attachments

• (4)TwistedMeadowsPRIMEv1.1.w3x
    424.7 KB · Views: 96
Level 10
You will need a model and you have to use the advertiesment as a skin. It's not hard to do, but you will definetly need some tools! But I fear importing something like that in a melee map will spoil the map, making it not melee! I am not sure, just try it:)

Level 21
As soon as you change anything in the object editor (such as making a custom doodad), the melee status of a map is lost. Nevertheless, you can still place normal doodads (such as a rune doodad or whatever) that you would normally never use in a melee map (For example: You're not going to be placing a Barrens rock in an Ashenvale melee map, it wouldn't look too good). Then, you import your custom models / textures and change their paths into the paths that will overwrite the model / texture of the doodads you used in your meleemap.

Level 10
You can use a model that exists in-game and you wouldn't normally use, import the new skin based on your ad and you can keep the melee status this way! Hope you will find out. I don't know if importing a model in the place of an already existing wc3 normal model could help. Then import the skin and this may help you keep the melee status i think!

Status
Not open for further replies.