• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Campaigns (With Custom Races)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello All,

I am brand new to this site, just created an account today. However I have been an avid fan of the WarCraft games since I was young (in the 90's). Anyway, I need some help, and feel free to move this to the proper section if this is not in the right spot.

Enough stalling onto the help request. So I am unsure if you are all aware of Wa666r's custom races. Well I wanted to create a few campaigns tying all of them together. I am super excited to work on it, except I have one tiny issue. I have not actually worked with the world editor, or the campaign editor for that matter since I was 15. As such, I don't actually know how to get the custom unit meshes imported into my editor to properly do the campaign. If anyone could help me out with this, I would be extremely grateful.

Sincerely,
Xanadu-King

Level 14
Mmmm this is totally the right spot no need to move this.Alright here's my answer:

Go to the import manager and import you custom models there that includes the custom race you want.
Then go to the Object Editor or just click F9 then edit your units there and use the models that you have imported.

I can't quit explane it so I will help you with a video tutorial I have a tutorial in Youtube.com that includes importing and using models.

You cannot simply try ALL of them you have to simply put all the custom models that is used with the race and import them to your campgain.

Level 2
Mmmm this is totally the right spot no need to move this.Alright here's my answer:

Go to the import manager and import you custom models there that includes the custom race you want.
Then go to the Object Editor or just click F9 then edit your units there and use the models that you have imported.

I can't quit explane it so I will help you with a video tutorial I have a tutorial in Youtube.com that includes importing and using models.

You cannot simply try ALL of them you have to simply put all the custom models that is used with the race and import them to your campgain.
I see, do you happen to have a link to this video?

Reactions: ISL
Level 2
Yes I but before that does this includes importing? go to the tutorials there are a lot of tutorials there everything you wan't to know about the world editor
Well yes it does include importing, although I think I have that kinda figured out. I say that though I can only get a map with the specific race. I had hoped to import multiple races onto the same map. I would request to see a video of it, since I tend to learn best through visual and tactile functioning.

Level 14
Ohh I see some maps don't let you edit it or just protected you can de-protect it but simply the only one to deprotect is the author.You should try going to the Tutorials here in hive there are a lot of tutorials there and just search what do you want to learn

ISL

ISL

Level 13
Wow, your first message sounds like an actual polite letter lol
And your elf avatar just makes it perfect

So your issue is that you can't get the custom races from Wa666r's maps? Oh wait no, it's about...

It's about being unable to put more than 4 races in one map, isn't it?

If so, the problem is: Wa666r's races are bound to vanilla slots (Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elf). In this map, there's a bunch of races that players can choose from at the beginning.

In a campaign you would just need to have all your custom races functional (all models, units, buildings, abilities (including triggers), etc. to be present). And in the beginning of a mission/chapter - just provide the player with a base and workers. You would also need to have a proper AI for all of your missions, but I guess you will be able to find your help.

If your question is "How do I import a Wa666r's race into my map", then you should do it as the following: 0. Ask permission :D. Wa666r should know about it. He might even help you out. 1. Improt buffs, then abilities (Or re-create them in your map). 2. Import upgrades. 3. Import models; 4. Create units, give them their stats, upgrades, models and abilities. 5. Create buildings, give them all the mechanics their need (Upgrades used/produced, Units trained, etc.) 6. Look for Triggers and scripts that are bound to the race. For example, the worgens' Curse system.
Peeking into "UB - Raging Streams" is also advisable :)

Level 14
Hello All,

I am brand new to this site, just created an account today. However I have been an avid fan of the WarCraft games since I was young (in the 90's). Anyway, I need some help, and feel free to move this to the proper section if this is not in the right spot.

Enough stalling onto the help request. So I am unsure if you are all aware of Wa666r's custom races. Well I wanted to create a few campaigns tying all of them together. I am super excited to work on it, except I have one tiny issue. I have not actually worked with the world editor, or the campaign editor for that matter since I was 15. As such, I don't actually know how to get the custom unit meshes imported into my editor to properly do the campaign. If anyone could help me out with this, I would be extremely grateful.

Sincerely,
Xanadu-King

@Xanadu-King : :D If you are going to do a campaign, feel free to have a conversation with me. As you soon know or later, I am master of merging contents who given the idea and has merged all races of Wa666r in "UB - Raging Streams", update and work together with ZibiTheward to convert all triggers.

In your case, I am the only one who can help you to the end, since i also hope to find someone who "really can" make campaign from these template.

If you are going to merge them by yourself, that could be extremely time-consuming since i already do the job. :D

And if you can, try to invite someone who can help you on making these campaigns. That would be epic

Level 2
Wow, well thank you both. In all honesty, I would love to have a team. Delegation of tasks always made things easier in my book. Also I was planning on having about 10-15 missions per race, which by the way, thank you @xISLx for giving me a link to that map. Having all the races put into one map to begin with will be extremely helpful. So that fixes one issue, my next big thing is doing a campaign.

I would love to have your help @Unregret, and if you could help with advanced map making that would be amazing. I am, in all truthfulness, more of a story writer than a game designer. So I will never turn down any help.

Level 14
Wow, well thank you both. In all honesty, I would love to have a team. Delegation of tasks always made things easier in my book. Also I was planning on having about 10-15 missions per race, which by the way, thank you @xISLx for giving me a link to that map. Having all the races put into one map to begin with will be extremely helpful. So that fixes one issue, my next big thing is doing a campaign.

I would love to have your help @Unregret, and if you could help with advanced map making that would be amazing. I am, in all truthfulness, more of a story writer than a game designer. So I will never turn down any help.

We have to find a professional campaign maker who willing to do this because I do not even touch into Campaign section. Judging by the way you speak, you can be a great script writer.

Hope someone can see this thread and listen to our call.

Level 2
We have to find a professional campaign maker who willing to do this because I do not even touch into Campaign section. Judging by the way you speak, you can be a great script writer.

Hope someone can see this thread and listen to our call.
Oh that would be wonderful... do you know of anyone who is a professional campaign maker? I would relish the chance to be the script writer for the campaigns.

Level 2
Hey,

I am hoping that one of you can give me a hint here, but I am trying to figure out how to place the custom units on the map, yet they don't show up in the Unit Tool Palette. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Level 14
I will summary shortly what you are needed to do (this could be very, very time-consuming in reality, unless you have spare time)

Technically, custom units are not already exist in new-created map. You have to import them directly including:
- Models, Icons and texture files (mdx and mdl, BTN, DISBTN, PAS...), which can be exported from other maps or download resources from website. REMEMBER TO CHANGE Model and Textures path in order to use them (time-consuming part, you will soon learn :D).
Tutorial: Importing and Using Custom Models Creating and Importing Custom Icons
- Object data (object editor), which can be exported from other maps or edited by yourself. IF IMPORT PROPERLY, you don't have to check and fix any misplaced ID or value of any objects.
Tutorial: Importing/Exporting Object Data from WE

- Trigger data, which is very important to make custom spells or custom system working. This is the most difficult part, so when you know how to do those above 2 processes, i will explain more.
Tutorial: Tutorial - Importing/Exporting Triggers

Other things: Not yet

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Good luck with this. It's a daunting, monumental task, but thankfully Unregret has done a lot of the hard, initial leg-work for you. Probably oughta hook up with him.

The Unit Tool palette only shows stuff you've made. Open the Object Editor, go to the Unit tab, and somewhere along the top-menu-bar-thing there should be a button called "Create Custom Unit". Do that, and when you have, it should show up in the Unit Tool palette (provided you are in the right part of it; Custom unit tab, Human/Orc/whatever race you chose... etc).

ISL

ISL

Level 13
Or as an easy option - take 1 map that has all the races you need

AND COPY IT

Then simply remake the terrain

Edit: Althogh you'll need to import all your units (with models, stats, skills and their buffs) into a campaing file which, luckily enough, shares one object and import data (but not trigger or script) for all maps inside of it.

Last edited:
Level 18
@Xanadu-King hello!
well if you're inexperienced it won't be easy, just wanna give you very basic tip
at the very begining of the campaign remember to make all imports/OE data inside campaign (like xISLx said), so go to campaign F7, import here
1.jpg

go to Custom Data , import OE data (or make changes manualy), blue objects are those available in ALL your campaign's maps.
2.jpg

objects can be anything including units, items, abilities, upgrades (all 7 tabs)
do not create custom object under specific map or may collide object raw ID's !!
thats for the good start ;)
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.