• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Campaign Bug!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I recently made a short campaign and have finished all the levels for it. I wish to make it into an in-game campaign but for some reason whenever I try to play them from in-game, I click the menu button for the campaign level, it fades (as if beginning to load) but then returns to the campaign menu, can anyone help with this? :vw_sad:

I will, of course, upload my campaign once it is finished. It's rather amateur but I'm open to criticism and advice :wink:
I have used lots of resources from the Hive itself and will put a credits file in with the campaign itself :grin:
Me and my cousin have built an entire world for a series of Warcraft Three campaigns we're making (It even comes with a map of the area :xxd: ) and we think it has a rather good story behind it that we think you'll all enjoy. I will also add a Lore.txt file to the download folder so you can understand the story more and become more immersed in it :ogre_hurrhurr:

So yeah, thanks for reading and any help with my problem will be greatly appreciated, thank you :ogre_love:

Level 1
They work in-editor, not in-game, it's not the same thing ^^

Try to remove all imports and test after this.

No no, I mean when I click test map from in the world editor, it works fine, but if I try to run it from the campaign menu it doesn't load

Edit: May it have something to do with the file size? I use ALOT of imports and don't usually delete unnecessary files

Last edited:
No no, I mean when I click test map from in the world editor, it works fine, but if I try to run it from the campaign menu it doesn't load

Edit: May it have something to do with the file size? I use ALOT of imports and don't usually delete unnecessary files
The size limit is only in multiplayers.

You might have invalid imports in it, and so, it blocks the campaign.

Level 1
When you use Test game function, it doesn't load data that is in the campaign editor. Testing in-game, it will load that stuff. So most likely it is some campaign data related stuff.

Can't be, I keep all the data within the maps themselves, I have no custom data or import data in the campaign editor... I could try getting rid of any imports that aren't used in the maps, may that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.