• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved][MPQ][Campaign] How to replace Warcraft 3 campaign with my custom campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm trying to use my custom campaign data to replace the Warcraft 3 default campaign so that I could make a "campaign pack" and make my players have a better-immersed experience.

I've finished replacing the main menu background, currently, I'm researching how to replace the official campaign data by MPQ.
I find the default campaign is not managed by ".w3n", but split into many folders, and have dozens of files to control the script / AI.
Is there a file (like ".slk") recorded the path data or something like that?

Btw, I didn't find threads related to this, I'll keep searching, any updates will be updated into this thread if I find them.

Thank you for any hint!

2018-8-11 06:52:20 Edit

I did a search to extracted MPQ files, there is a file recorded some data related to those campaigns.
* war3patch.mpq > UI\CampaignStrings_exp.txt
* war3xlocal.mpq > UI\CampaignStrings_exp.txt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.