• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replacing campaign maps in the Mpq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need help in fixing a problem which occures when I replace one of the official campaign maps with an edited one inside the mpq and when I start try to start the map from the campaign menu the mouse scroll disappears and fades to black then nothing and gets back to the campaign menu.

Level 2
It is not recommended to modify the main MPQs. They may be subject to integrity checks and contain metadata that MPQ tools are not aware of. Rather use the mod MPQ or other ways of replacement.
How can I create a new mpq and make the game use it a prioritize it above the patch mpq ?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
So where can I find this War3mod.mpq?
You need to make it.
and I'm using version 1.27 so it has a patch mpq
Sorry we do not support old versions of Warcraft III.

However in your case you can try placing the campaigns in the patch MPQ as that should be loaded above all other MPQs.

Level 2
You need to make it.

Sorry we do not support old versions of Warcraft III.

However in your case you can try placing the campaigns in the patch MPQ as that should be loaded above all other MPQs.
Replacing them in the patch mpq doesn't work. and even creating the war3mod.mpq doesn't work either..

Level 2
The mod mpq only works on .28 or later.

Editing the patch mpq should work fine; double check you did that right. Outright replacing it might have weird effects.
So where can I find a zip file for the patch 1.28 please? can you upload yours please I can't use the battlenet tool for obvious reasons.
Ohh and local files thing actually WORKED

Status
Not open for further replies.