• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Abilities problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
:confused: Sry to post what I would consider spam if I were a guru at this, but I'm feeling lazy (sry again). I want to create my own custom ability and havnt been able to figure it out on my own. I was thinking a curse affect on a unit that is permanently on (like evasion except in a bad tohit way). If there is anyway to do this i would love to know. thanks.

Level 32
Try it, you'll like it.

Laziness will always make things harder.

The SuperSecretSearchSystem works well for lazy people because it can show you many possible answers.

Hard work, practice, and experience are the best teachers when it comes to creating spells in the World Editor. Just start with a spell that you like, copy and paste it as a custom spell then start messing around and tweaking it until it does what you want it to do. Have patience and TRY HARD.

Level 1
Simple set the curse duration to 999999 that should last.

:sad: tired that, it has a max time limit of 3600 seconds (oddly enough the 0 seconds value works for a while). also I wanted it to be always on and not casted...seeing as its a debuff no one is going to debuff their own units intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.