• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] Cursed TD

Would you try this?

• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5

NEW! GAMEPLAY VIDEO

ABOUT CURSED TD:
In cursed TD, you play a series of stages, unlocking you points to spend in mastery trees
for the towers and the abilities you will use. The better your score, the more points you
will earn to spend on the mastery trees.

This is a single-player game. Its my aim to provide enough challenge so map can be
saved and loaded like a normal map, so you can continue to beat the levels and
get better scores.

I have plans to update the map after finishing this version with
additional modes of play.

MAP FEATURES:
- Push and get better at clearing 7 stages
- You are rewarded with 1-3 stars for beating a stage, depending on outcome
- You need to protect 3 - 6 gems from being stolen
- Towers gain experience with attacks and can be upgraded when they gain enough xp
- Towers upgrade to tier 5, starting from tier 0, and have a unique upgrade on tier 2
- Your builder (warlock) can also cast spells and regenerates mana slowly over time

WORKING FEATURES:
- Four stages now playable
- Warlock spells are now 100% working
- Bonus mana regeneration for capturing mana grounds
- Towers upgrade to tier3, with two unique choices per tower
- Score, stats, xp and leveling should work as intended
- You gain mastery points on level-ups
- Added multiboard for unit waves

% WORKING FEATURES:

- Spells 100%
- Gameplay 80%
- Towers & Units 85%
- Masteries 90%
- Stages 60%

In order to try the masteries best, use the native save/load for progress

Known bug: Sometimes waves of units get stuck
Known bug: Multiboard timer doesn't work

Attachments

• cursed TD.w3x
    8.9 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Level 12
No way. Whatever their EULA says, they can only own everything related to their created content, they can never own your ideas.

Level 5
I believe even using the WE means they own all the content you create also. Could be wrong though.

No way. Whatever their EULA says, they can only own everything related to their created content, they can never own your ideas.

They own the engine, the assets and everything game related yea.
However, EULA says 'moral rights'.

Level 12
Yes I know that word, law people love to use it. This said once again these "moral rights" do not concern your ideas. Luckily enough, people still have the right to own their own ideas, even in the USA as far as I know.
So they would be able to argue on anything you used that is related to their content, but every idea you had that can be isolated from the rest they would fail to gain ownership of.

But don't worry, even if I understand where this change comes from (had to catch up since my return !) I have to admit this is some kind of low blow attempt.

Level 5
Re-upload. I have forgotten to edit a few more things last night so I took my post down.

First stage is playable and should work for 10 waves. Towers are can be upgraded until tier 2

There are many things yet missing so check back soon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.