1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Curse of Time RPG: Nevermore v1.33.15b

Submitted by legendcrazyman, Mayday
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
History
Waugriff originally created Curse of Time as a pencil and paper role playing game,
then brought his dream to life using the World Editor. He created what is known
now as the Curse of Time RPG which was the first RPG on Warcraft to feature a
save/load system. He then developed its second version, Curse of Time Plains of Medea,
which had more content and a new level 300 cap.

After Waugriff left the project, darkchaos took over and expanded the map and
increased the level cap from 300 to 999, as well as creating a second world,
the "Chaos World". His additions made CoT very popular, as the original was
a much loved game by early Warcraft fans. However, development stopped
after the map had reached maximum file size and locked until future patches
increased that limit.

Many years after darkchaos quit, Hotwer had found a way to continue
development by making the the map openable in the editor once again. That
was the start of the third version - Nevermore. Since then, we have had many
developers work on the project - CanFight, afis, tomekneip and of course Hotwer.
The current team is made of myself, (Mayday) & lcm.
Contents

CoT Nevermore v1.33.15b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Choose a Hero unit's order icons (Stop, Move etc.) do not have DISBTNs (green squares on F10/pause). Use these to create the necessary icons: Button Manager v1.8.2 BLP Lab v0.5.0 Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons How to Make an Icon 2. First...
deepstrasz
I see this is all being updated once in a while. That's a good sign of... Approval.
  1. Donutello

Donutello

Resources:
    Resources:
    Imao greatest Mod of WC3

2. Lezorad

Lezorad

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great job on continuing the map serie!

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Permission proof?

4. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    He may take a while to reply.

Here's his post with the download to the unprotected version: Unprotected Map - Forum

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Fair enough. Link that into the description and save a .html and/or print screen about it too.

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Choose a Hero unit's order icons (Stop, Move etc.) do not have DISBTNs (green squares on F10/pause). Use these to create the necessary icons:
    Button Manager v1.8.2
    BLP Lab v0.5.0
    Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
    How to Make an Icon
    2. First three heroes (+Arcane Warrior) in the Column have the same icon; the Master Rogue doesn't have a DISBTN.
    3. Hero Abilities and Arcane Warrior's Skills have no DISBTN. Lumber item icons have no DISBTN.
    4. You could make all spells QWERT or better WERTY or somehow easier and faster to access through the keyboard.
    5. No idea what Iterm Removal countdown timer is but it starts and runs throughout the intro cinematic scene too.
    6. Not sure if all set items/recipes should look like a moon and stars icon or if all those (units=Chaos Warlock) selling them should look the same.
    7. Every/most quest giver(s) look(s) the same (Militia).
    8. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate a villager from a shop (Female Villager).
    9. Not sure if intended or not but you can carry two items of the same type (even the same item twice).
    10. There is no direction given where to go to first. Quest description do not mention the place or direction where said task is supposed to be carried out. Powerful creatures are mixed with weaker ones and so on.
    11. Terrain is pretty much flat and doesn't really have much doodads either.
    12. Experience gain is painful (on killing monsters).

Overall the map seems to have a chaotic design.

Awaiting Update.

=============================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
    The Grand Review Exchange!

7. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the appointments, this game is very old and I'm absolutely doing my best to do it all the fixes it deserves. I will try to rescue all possible models and icons to find their original creator and give their apropriaste credits.

8. theblackarrow

theblackarrow

Resources:
    Resources:
    tried save lots of times but map doesnot create the text file.
    (using wc3 version 1.28 and at lan)

9. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    It saves on cache if you're playing alone.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  11. En3RgY_Chacal

En3RgY_Chacal

Resources:
    Resources:
    You're seriously continue to update this map ?
    because i Like it, it's my favorite :)

12. BlasterSans

BlasterSans

Resources:
    Resources:
    there's something really wrong with the code when you're trying to load it. it instantly crashed the game "fatal error" :( is there anyway i can load my character ?

13. noob2

noob2

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is tricky to gain exp but the best thing to do in solo is: start a new game then pick up whichever hero you like then buy naga race and save.
    Restart,load and you have now 1000 gold and 500 wood and the naga race to place somewhere.
    at the start it is night so you can just run quickly to one base and build your naga town hall and then build some miners and spam the blood elf wisps: you should try getting as many of them as possible.
    Get back to town and sell wood to train more wisps and do that until all the trees of your base are being mined.
    (also possibly try fighting some monsters and at the two first new games destroy the town crates near the tauren slaver)
    Then get a zeppelin and start exploiting the trees on all the map.
    When you have maximum wisps buy a lot of tomes and do a lot of fights in the arena(it is less filled of randomly overpowered monsters than the rest of the game)
    Alternatively let the game run on its own and do something else while the wisps are mining and go to the game twice to get the super wood then with the super wood buy the automatic super wood converter(converts regular wood in super wood) then do other stuff while the game is stockpiling superwood then later use all that superwood to buy tomes.
    Now with insane stats you are going to gain exp by killing tons of stuff.
    Yes it is the most boring way ever to play but I have never succeeded to reach a gold gaining rate higher than the wisp mining.
    Oh and I still have not found what happens when you have the three keys and I have no idea where to research the third key maybe the gameplay becomes more interesting and less dumb but since the map creator is not intending to tell how to play stuff more interesting than "get wisps get stats get levels and do the quests" Then I guess I will not be able to test the later parts.

The item removal cooldown is a repeating timer who triggers the removal of some items(not all the items on the map only some of them)

loading game does not works(I try in my maps to make it work but others do not always do that) but you can type -save to save the stats of your hero(it will be in the game cache in solo or it will give you annoying super long codes to copy if in multiplayer) then you can type -load to get the hero you have in game cache or type -load ezkjehde'rhuidey'rfhjydsgdzehygdshzgbedhysyteydgyezydxgyh or another similarly long annoying code(yes the map needs tons of data for saving heroes because there is tons of items) if in multiplayer to get your hero back(not everything is saved: it do not save too high stats(it instead caps them)) but it works only for your hero and not your super awesome moon base with 300 blood elf wisps or whatever.

Did you get the three keys? Where can I get them?
    (I really needs it if I want to test and I did made my hero walk all over the map and kills everything it did meet and it did get only two keys so basically I now walk around with a 30000 int hero(yes enemies are stupidly long to kill because of the mechanic called armour which should be removed in rpgs using high stats in warcraft 3(or damage should scale in a quadratic way) so I did get 10 times more in my main stat than in the others) and no way to find what to do next)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  14. BlasterSans

BlasterSans

Resources:
    Resources:
    i'm using version 1.30.1b and i'm not using dark savior so when i save code pop up (multiplayer) but when i'm trying to load BOOM "Fatal error" i'm looking for solution asap :<

15. En3RgY_Chacal

En3RgY_Chacal

Resources:
    Resources:
    i"ve never complete the whole map because the map doesn't like me (war3 crash, etc) but now i've a better computer^^

16. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    A lot people complained about this problem.

Most of them were related to their WC3 version. Probably, if you update to 1.28.2 it will load like normal.

The save feature creates a text file with your code in the path described in the changelog ("Documents/Warcraft III/CustomMapData/CoT PoM FoC N/").

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  17. BlasterSans

BlasterSans

Resources:
    Resources:
    i'm currently using version 1.24 and i'm having trouble updating to 1.28.2 so is there any other ways else i could load my character ?

18. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could you try to update it to at least 1.27?

EDIT:

Added all the linked resourced list. I'll gladly any missing one you spot.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  19. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    As I said before, if you're playing alone, it saves and loads from cache.