• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Current Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just be putting here the sort of progress that's going on.

As of this post, the first map is virtually finished. All that's left is for me to test it once more to see if I fixed this one bug with the sound not looping correctly, Donut3.5 to finish animating Lirch and Pyritie's models, Werewulf to finish the skins (she only has to finish their eyes), and for the voice actor for Lirch to do his voice recording. (unfortunately he is unavailable to do it until after November...)

The second map I'd say is 90% done. I just need to add two spells to Pyritie, make and add a spell for Lirch, finish this one cinematic (where you cannot talk to Coalch until you've completed the food quest), make the skins for Scorch and Pirch, have Donut3.5 finish their animations, and do a whole ton of voice acting (I've probably got those people covered as we're having a british family (whom we're good friends with) come over for thanksgiving).

Third map still has a lot to do. I'm going to get rid of the keys and add riddles to the gates, make an easier version of the big sliding puzzle, do a whole bunch of cinematics, more voice acting, get EF to finish his gravity system so I can use it for a puzzle, and a whole bunch of other small things.

I also still need to do all of the credits.

Level 3
Hi

So how much longer till u get the map ready for the public to play because I am so ready for it to come out and be ready. I think that this will be the best campagain ever no lie B/C when i play the demo it was cool all ready.

Well, as a tester i believe you really CAN improve your second map. There is a full list of bugs that map has. I noticed most of them while playing, however, i don't have the time to write them.

Map one is great in fact. But map 2 ... well, there is a lot to do yet. I may post here a list of bugs/suggestions day 22-25 (when i have time to re-test the map again and to write a decent comment here).

About the aura, well, i didn't have enough time until now ... but i will try to show you some work the next Saturday or Sunday (days 24, 25).

Oh noes! Bad news!

Well the guy who does the voice acting for Lirch has been very busy and seeing as this is his last year at school before he goes off to university I won't be able to use him for any more voice acting.

I'm currently trying to get this one person in my grade who was recently in a school play to do some voice acting instead. Hopefully he'll remember to visit this place.

Oh, and a bit of good news: Ralle got me a redirect! So now you just have to type http://pyritiesadventure.hiveworkshop.com to get to the main forum.

- Voice acting for the train ticket seller, the fruit seller, and a red magic dragon (taken from WILL's suggestion) is done.

- Lots of Werewulf's dragon icons imported.

- Lord_T made some better models for the Wolf Bones and Wolf Teeth you find a lot in JtD.

- Drops in the mine are now randomized. (I still should make one preplaced rock drop a gem so in the rare scenario of a player getting horrible luck they'd still manage to complete the quest)

- New spell for Pyritie - Plasma Storm.

- Earth-Fury has started making a 2D gravity system for the puzzles on the third mountain in DoA.

- Donut3.5 has started working on animations.

- Flame_Phoenix is working on Firch's Mind Mastery (aura)

- Extra cinematic added. (JtD)

Now it's spell-making and implementing time!

Last edited:
Level 2
[Meh..]

It's been quite some time..

.... Or maybe I'm just impatient..

... Buuut.. No development so far? ;b

... Sorry if I offended the hardworking staff. o_o;

Level 2
Oh, really?

... I thought this project has been on for more than 2 years..

... My bad. LoL.

... Once again, I apologize for any offense I have caused among the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.