• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cult of the Damned cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey guys,

There use to be an old 1 hour + cinematic named cult of the damned, it was one of the highest regarded cinematic a decade ago. I was just wondering if anyone knew where it is still uploaded ( excluding the version on daily motion , the quality is unbearable and a disservice to the campaign. A preview/ trailer for it is on YouTube if anyone was curious about it. I can add the link later when I get home.

Many thanks guys!

Added trailer link:

Last edited:
Level 3
It was an exquisite cinematic. If only someone could explain what the ending meant.

Thanks again for the link

*spoilers*

The ending is ambiguous and open to interpretation. I personally think that, in the end, while the outcast chose willingly to become a member of the cult of the damned, he then realised, during the ritual, that he was abandoning his humanity and free will forever. He tried to escape, but it was already too late, and the Lich King took control of his soul. I believe the last scene is just a figment of the outcast's imagination, or more of a reminiscence, a nostalgic recollection of what he lost forever (his happy times with his wife and child) and can never regain.

But you can always contact the cinematic's creator on Wc3C and ask him/her for an official explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.