• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cult of the Damned is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Zurg, maker of what was probably the best cinimatics series ever made for warcraft, Cult of the Damned, has just released all 5 acts in quicktime. So now even those without Warcraft 3 installed can view these masterpieces.

Head on over to the official COTD site at http://cotd.sgtamods.com/files_video.html to check them out for yourself. Honestly, if you are a WC3 fan, you should not miss out on these.

Update: The COTD site is temperarily out of service due to excessive (to put it mildly) bandwidth overusage...please try back at another time.

Level 9
-_- yea it would be good it looks like all the attention has worn out the bandwidth. so i can see it :)

Level 1
Umm...I don't know if it's just me...but the site says it's bandwidth has been exceeded...I hope that this site never has it's bandwidth exceeded...

Level 1
Cool! I was thinking that warcraft III cinimatic artists should start making their movies into QT movies so people who's computers would choke on the cinimatic would be able to see them in full glory.

Again, HAIL ZURG! :D

Level 3
mmmm...it says:

Not Found
The requested URL /files_video.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at cotd.sgtamods.com Port 80

But however Zurg and TGN are the best cinematic makers around here. :p

Level 7
Jacek said:
No, it isn't great. Especially the first part is boring and laggy.

Make something better yourself or shut up.

Zurg has made the most excellent cinematics for wc3 ever, those movies are wonderful.

Level 3
Evil_Arthas 87 said:
mmmm...it says:

Not Found
The requested URL /files_video.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at cotd.sgtamods.com Port 80
We had to take it down for the time being, it'll come back up soon, we didn't expect it to use that much bandwidth, over 11gb in less than 24 hours...

Level 7
No.

If you can post reasons why you hate/love people's work, it's fine.

If you haven't got more to say than "it sucks", "it's boring" or "I don't like it" you should shut your mouth, but if you can post reasons like "I don't like it because it <blah blah blah>" it is fine, and you should feel free to comment.

But if you just says something negative without giving a reason why you don't like it, or ideas for improvements just shut up.

And by the way, Jacek, lag is not a valid reason to critisice a cinematic for, get a faster computer to solve it.

Level 2
Is it still there, for some reason, it says that explorer cant find the website or something. If it is down for whatever reason, when will it be back up?

Level 7
I have to agree with Whitehorn, if a normal user had posted this in a normal forum he would most likely be warned.

Anyway, the cinematics are nice, I couldn't access the new site, but I've seen them before.

Level 7
I didn't say that it was you, nor did Whitehorn, but people have been warned for posting advertisement threads in the off topic. Maybe not by you, but by the other mods then.

And just to state my opinion, I'm one of the persons who see no problem with advertising and think it should be allowed.

Level 7
VGsatomi said:
I'm not one of the ones who interprets the "no-selling stuff" rule as "no linking to any other outside site whatsoever".

When have I ever warned anyone for posting a link to another gaming related site? Especially community news

Even once....?

No...?

Yeah, thats what I thought.
-VGsatomi

Ok, some community service:

All Jassers go to The Jass Vault.

It's the number one site about JASS, the scripting language used for wc3, in the world. It has a huge script section (about 90% of wc3sear.ch's JASS scripts are originally from The Jass Vault), forums where you can get help with all aspects of scripting (and where people are active) and a nice tutorials section.

The site is owned and administrated by KaTTaNa and the leading JASS experts from all over the world comes there (examples: Vexorian, PitzerMike, weaadder etc..).

Ok, that's short about The JASS Vault, to help the people of the community who knows or want to learn JASS. Oh, and by the way, modforge's jass section is just a link to us.

Level 5
wow!!!!!!!!! This is so long! I wouldnt be able to stand to make these for so long. :shock: 14.5 MB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one word. WOW!!!!!!!!!
would you be able to make the website work. Downloading the maps takes a really long time.

Level 4
A little off the tracks now!

The communitys going a little of the topic,
get a new topic related to the differences of advertising and community service...

All i might want now is to get that quicktime file.
I've downloadet all the COTD(Cult of the Damned) cinematics from the very beginning of the first one. And ive been quite patiently been waiting for each versio for months... over an year.

The only problem for me is that it makes it a bit annoying to view them with Wc3(WarCraft 3) and would be so grateful and so on for them to be converted to a video file.

Now.. fix that problem that's been occuring with the download link so i can live happily ever after watching COTD (Cult of the Damned)

Level 5
could you please explain how you converted the warcraft map into a quicktime application??? I need to know.....

EDIT: I figured it out myself. But for you people that would like to know:
There is this downloadable program called Fraps, I am not sure if it is posted on this website but, anyway, Fraps records that cinamatic or whatever and converts it into a AVI file, this is the most common media file. Now, With this you can convert an AVI file into a quicktime(.mov), Media(.Ihavenoclue), Flash Player (.still have no clue), jutebox and many more!!!
Later I will post the website to get this program and the webpage for AVI tutorials.

Level 5
Like I was saying I found a little program called Fraps. It records your current screen and converts it to avi. It's very cool if you want to convert your replays to avi. Don't use it under the games itself, because it make your comp real slow.
It also includes a FPS counter. This part of it doesnt slow your game.

Find it here: http://www.tuwclan.com/php/files.php
It's called Avi Converter and can be found under Other/Miscellaneous Files.

for those non computer smart people, here is a pretty good tutorial on AVI

http://www.jmcgowan.com/avi.html

Level 1
i can't download the CotD episodes for some reason. awwwwwww he sounded so good. i wanted to watch them can someone help me? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.