• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ctrl Shift #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I can't seem to tell what he is doing to select a unit with the numbers. I am making a system like that, but I need to add the unit to a control group.

There has to be a native for this... and it seems that I can't get my MPQ extractor to open it so I can get the files...

Level 11
Woah! I didn't mean any harm here, I was just only thinking that there is some script that handles the control group script, it is important to my project if I can get this to work, so it isn't a waste of time to me.

I appreciate the help.

Level 11
That is what I originally planned, but I'm now switching over to DGUI. It would be pretty pointless if you can't actually use the action bar unless you click it each time.

But what script does handle the hot keys and control groups? I searched all through common.j and blizzard.j and couldn't find anything about hot keys.

Level 11
Damn Blizzard D:

Perhaps, I can just make it "Look" like the command for players to add a ability to the action bar. Like Control + Click to add it, that way its automatic, and players will make it a habit.

What about the F1 - F0 for the hero UI, if I hide hero UI can you still press the keys to select the hero?

Why do you even need this? Tell us your problem and we can solve it differently. I also had this kind of issue, but I went the other way around.

@Luorax
And F keys aren't that good:
- it removes the possibility of heroes
- it's limited to 5
- if you are used the whole life to numbers for group it's hard to adapt, plus the autosave button is dangerously close
- how you would even detect when the group is being memorized (note that this must be done in fraction of second)

Level 11
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. This is for my Orpg project, I am using DGUI to create action bars, and I'm having difficulty finding a way to actually use them easily, i.e 1 through 0, but as it seems you cannot add units to control groups manually with Jass. So we are discussing an alternative to this.

Basically I want when you press a key linked to that action in the action bar it runs the code. Just like other MMO's. I though control groups would be perfect, and I can still use it, but it might be a hassle for players to constantly push cntrl when they add spells to the bar.

I was talking about F keys before because I had a system before that had the action bar be the Hero UI on the left side, and players could press f1 through f5 to use them. But I'm curious if you hide the UI can you still press f1 through f5 to select the "hero dummy" so I can call the code. If I can, I can just have dummy hero's linked to each action in the bar and players can use f1 through f10 to cast spells.

Level 16
I think that's because you thought that when you change the texture of a button a new unit is created. Well, that's not the case; the unit remains the same, only the texture is changed (Grab Tree trick).

I'm not reputation hungry, so it doesn't matter. I'm happy cuz I could help someone else :)

Status
Not open for further replies.