• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CSW - Resources

Greetings!

As you know we made quite a few custom models, textures and icons for the project. This thread will serve as a collection of them.
First of all to not spam the resource sections on Hive, and to have a better overview for you all, plus the ability to post feedback.

Note: Not all models will be released right away, we plan to do so later on when the campaign is finished.

fade-seperator-png.362941

Crediting:
When using these assets do credit our team (LoreCraft Designs).

Dwarf Unit models have additional crediting:
Trolldaeron
Mr Ogre Man
Vulfar

Update:
  • Added CSW Doodad Pack
  • Added Dwarf resource "Mega-Pack" with full faction unit model of Ironforge, Wildhammer and Dark Iron dwarves, as well as buildings of Ironforge and Wildhammer dwarves.

Doodad pack is out!

Will be constantly updated, for now it's already a couple of models:
CSW - Doodad Pack

Attachments

• Ironforge Units.zip
    53.5 MB · Views: 2,120
  • Dwarf Doodads.zip
    58.1 MB · Views: 1,230
  • Dwarf Buildings.zip
    72.5 MB · Views: 1,420
  • Dwarf Buildings - Snowed.zip
    99.6 MB · Views: 1,117
  • Wildhammer Buildings.zip
    52.8 MB · Views: 1,200
  • Wildhammer Units.zip
    30.9 MB · Views: 1,152
  • Dark Iron Units.zip
    42.5 MB · Views: 1,066

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Please please please upload them to the resource section 🙏 But very nice guys :)
Oh you did! I’m just confused by the zips too. Very nice!!
Some of them atleast. I think they plan to upload all of them eventually. But I think there's over 70 models, so they didn't want to spam the resource section.
Although, I have suggested they added them into bundles e.g. Wildhammer, Dark Iron and Bronzebeards in the resource section.

Though, I wouldn't mind having an individual upload of each model like they have atm. So people can download a specific model without having to download all of them at once. I guess they could have both individual uploads and packs.

Excellent models guys you're amazing.
I've started to test these Models and so far I've found bug that Ironforge Captain doesn't have Stand Ready animation when attacking FYI. :)
Thank you, sadly some of those simple oversight must have slipped through at the polishing phase. We will get to it ASAP!

The Wildhammer Druid has been fixed, his Dwarf Form how has a Stand Ready animation.

Ironforge and Dark Iron Captains' do not need a Stand Ready animation since their attack are based upon Stand anim. Same with Defend variant.

Last edited:
Level 1
Love the models, been playing around with the Wildhammer ones.

Im a bit of a noob at World Edit, so im hoping someone may have some advice for how to set up the Wildhammer Druid's shapeshift? It does the animation to turn into a Wildkin, but then once the animation is over it's just a bear. Coming out of Bear is then a Night elf in the animation, before it turns back to the actual Wildhammer Druid model.

Level 48
Love the models, been playing around with the Wildhammer ones.

Im a bit of a noob at World Edit, so im hoping someone may have some advice for how to set up the Wildhammer Druid's shapeshift? It does the animation to turn into a Wildkin, but then once the animation is over it's just a bear. Coming out of Bear is then a Night elf in the animation, before it turns back to the actual Wildhammer Druid model.
What's happening is the animations "Morph" and "Morph Alternate" play based on the unit that is actually on the field (first a Dwarf Druid then a Night Elf Druid in Bear Form), which creates a mismatch since the actual unit they turn into isn't properly set up. The art plays but the game mechanics don't support what's happening.
You need to set up two units, a Druid and a Wildkin. The Wildkin unit has to use the Druid model as well, and in the tab "Art - Required Animation Names" (or something similar to it, I'm going from memory, haven't opened WE in a few years), it needs to have the tag "Alternate". Finally, both units need to use an appropriately edited Ability. You can base it on any morphing ability, such as the Druid of the Claw's "Bear Form" and "Night Elf Form". Edit those two abilities appropriately (change their icon, name, and of course, the unit they morph to) in the Ability Editor. It would be best to make new units and abilities based on the existing ones rather than directly modify the Night Elf abilities (so as to not mess with potentially using the base abilities / races later on, and for better organization), to do simply do CTRL+C --> CTRL+V on the Night Elf druid and his abilities before editing any fields.
So the end result should be something like:
Wildhammer Druid unit --> Has the "Wildkin Form" ability
Wildhammer Druid [Wildkin Form] unit --> Has the "Dwarf Form" ability
Both units need to use the downloaded model, the "Wildkin Form" unit has to have the "Alternate" animation tag, the "Wildkin Form" ability has to be linked to the "Wildkin Form" unit, whereas the "Dwarf Form" ability has to be linked to the original "Wildhammer Druid" unit.

Level 4
Thank you, sadly some of those simple oversight must have slipped through at the polishing phase. We will get to it ASAP!

The Wildhammer Druid has been fixed, his Dwarf Form how has a Stand Ready animation.

Ironforge and Dark Iron Captains' do not need a Stand Ready animation since their attack are based upon Stand anim. Same with Defend variant.
Hi Moonman , I see what you mean but they simply reset to Stand Position after attack if they don't use defend sorry for the bad quality.
Is it something I can change directly in editor?

Attachments

• video-1618737692.mp4
    843.2 KB
Level 48
Hi Moonman , I see what you mean but they simply reset to Stand Position after attack if they don't use defend sorry for the bad quality.
Is it something I can change directly in editor?
As you can see the transition is smooth, Stand and Stand Ready are both the same pose intentionally. You can think of their "Stand" as their default ready position in combat. And on a related note, these models do not have a unique "Stand Ready" animation. There is nothing you can change - this is working as intended.

Level 4
As you can see the transition is smooth, Stand and Stand Ready are both the same pose intentionally. You can think of their "Stand" as their default ready position in combat. And on a related note, these models do not have a unique "Stand Ready" animation. There is nothing you can change - this is working as intended.
I mean don't get me wrong these models are amazing just thought that the animation was missing but if this was intended it's all right , true on that point transition is very smooth.

Eventually, you should really upload these to the resource section :)

Both individually and in pack bundles :)
Alright, we'll do it in parts, not EVERYTHING at once.

Also at the end of the day, it's more lightweight to download the pack here, at least 2x smaller file size because of portrait requires all texture again on model section.

Level 9
Will there be buildings for the Dark Iron Dwarves? If there are I don't mind that they haven't been released but would make some great assetts in a MOBA style map with Dark Iron vs Blackrock inside Blackrock Mountain with Heroes based on their faction. Just an idea I had, but the Blackrock spire just looks so ideal since one side of it was of Dark Iron Dwarves and the other of Blackrock Orcs/Trolls/Ogres.

Level 8
Hey I really enjoy this pack very much. Now while I was testing out the Dwarf Clan Pack I do have few questions or atleast tips.

Ok first the Ironforge Dwarf Clan Race:

Ok so I know the the Dwarf Mill is Lumber Mill, Dwarf Barracks is Barracks to Train the Footman, Ram Riders, and Rifleman, Dwarf Blacksmith is the Blacksmith, Dwarf Hall is Town Hall to Citadel, and etc.

So what does the Temple building do? Is it the Altar of Kings or the Magic Vault?
Is the Captain a Spellbreaker or Hero Unit?
What Research upgrades should I use?
Finally is the Bunker the Farm Building or Tower Building?

Here's the Wildhammer Race Clan:

What types of buildings should I use for the Altar of Kings, Blacksmith, and Magic Vault. I know that the Wildhammer Hall is Town Hall, Barracks is Barracks, Mound is the Arcane Sanctum, mill a mill, Farm a Farm and the Tower is the Guard Tower.

So far there's the Cottage and the Tavern buildings. Which one is sulted best?

Is the Captain Unit a Hero or Knight Unit?

Finally what research upgrades should I use for the wildhammer clan?

Overall great awesome pack. I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Level 48
Hey I really enjoy this pack very much. Now while I was testing out the Dwarf Clan Pack I do have few questions or atleast tips.

Ok first the Ironforge Dwarf Clan Race:

Ok so I know the the Dwarf Mill is Lumber Mill, Dwarf Barracks is Barracks to Train the Footman, Ram Riders, and Rifleman, Dwarf Blacksmith is the Blacksmith, Dwarf Hall is Town Hall to Citadel, and etc.

So what does the Temple building do? Is it the Altar of Kings or the Magic Vault?
Is the Captain a Spellbreaker or Hero Unit?
What Research upgrades should I use?
Finally is the Bunker the Farm Building or Tower Building?

Here's the Wildhammer Race Clan:

What types of buildings should I use for the Altar of Kings, Blacksmith, and Magic Vault. I know that the Wildhammer Hall is Town Hall, Barracks is Barracks, Mound is the Arcane Sanctum, mill a mill, Farm a Farm and the Tower is the Guard Tower.

So far there's the Cottage and the Tavern buildings. Which one is sulted best?

Is the Captain Unit a Hero or Knight Unit?

Finally what research upgrades should I use for the wildhammer clan?

Overall great awesome pack. I look forward to seeing more in the future.

I am not on the CSW team, but as a fellow modder, I must respond to this.

Be creative!

Don't be limited by labels or by the default Human race!

No building or unit has to be equivalent to an existing one!

The Captain, the Temple, the Bunker, the Cottage models, like the rest of them, are up to you to decide how best to use them in your map. And likewise CSW will use them creatively in their own right.

Do whatever you think suits your creation best! That is the beauty of modding, it is an outlet for our creativity. :)

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I believe they plan on making HD Draenei models as well ;)

friends and fans, I would like to give you a sweet tidbit, I brought in @Trolldaeron the man behind our amazing dwarven concepts and the ingenious @handclaw of whom he needs no introduction, to form a legendary duo to create concepts for a full Draenei Tech-tree, now you might scratch your head, where do Draenei fit in CSW, fear not, they're NOT "specifically" for CSW, but they'll be used extensively in the WC1 remake, so expect some seriously Delicious concepts soon!

U9bNScpXgACq59LjBg5h_GOHX3QdxbYEQ8I7Ns0iBNH_MWL6Y22Mn1eEPUCIagrOvLGgCHtbG_D7Uw=s640-nd
Source: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSnvwXj53TM5Sx9hvcplnbg/community?lb=UgzegrY9MPl8FN_EyRx4AaABCQ

Level 3
Hello,

May I ask when (If ever) do you plan to release the footman variants for the human factions?

Can't wait for those!

Hello,

May I ask when (If ever) do you plan to release the footman variants for the human factions?

Can't wait for those!
Actually need to rework those a little. Learned a lot about HD models and textures from that time and all that has to be implemented.

• Love
Reactions: Rui
Level 6
Hey guys, amazing work. Love this stuff! I did notice in the Ironforge Units bundle, I didn't see any icons in there. Did you guys make icons for that and just forgot to add them to the pack, are they elsewhere and I'm just looking in the wrong place? or do those units not have custom icons. (Which if that's the case, I'm not complaining. I love all of this)

Hey guys, amazing work. Love this stuff! I did notice in the Ironforge Units bundle, I didn't see any icons in there. Did you guys make icons for that and just forgot to add them to the pack, are they elsewhere and I'm just looking in the wrong place? or do those units not have custom icons. (Which if that's the case, I'm not complaining. I love all of this)
Building packs should have all the icons in them. But it was just a quick edit on a well lit screenshot, like 10 mins per icon.
However units are drawn by somebody who actually can draw ^^, so it'll take a little bit more time to have the last ones, then I'll upload them.

Level 6
Building packs should have all the icons in them. But it was just a quick edit on a well lit screenshot, like 10 mins per icon.
However units are drawn by somebody who actually can draw ^^, so it'll take a little bit more time to have the last ones, then I'll upload them.

Totally understand. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'm glad you didn't wait to release the units until the icons are finished because I've loving these and made a whole new dwarven thing in my map, (Ignore the gate direction a script rotates them the right way in game.)

Screenshot 2021-05-23 151820.jpg

Level 6
Hey thank you for sharing your amazing work! I know you already have someone working on the icons, but in the meanwhile I wanted to share with you guys the one that I made for Ironforge Priest unit.

Edit: I reworked some of the stuff, added eyes and fixed some of the lightning and shadow stuff

BTNIronforgePriest.png
DISBTNIronforgePriest.png

Attachments

• BTNIronforgePriest.dds
    42.8 KB · Views: 90
  • DISBTNIronforgePriest.dds
    42.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Level 1
The Dwarf building pack is awesome, but I noticed one of the icons doesn't seem to have a corresponding model, the cannon bunker icon, which I would assume is an upgrade for the bunker. Is that model being held back for later?

Level 2
Awesome work! All the models look outstanding!
Will these models by any chance be available as .m3 or as something easily converted to .m3?
I would like to use them in a starcraft 2 map and modify them (i.e. switching weapons/changing animations according to weapons) if allowed.

Awesome work! All the models look outstanding!
Will these models by any chance be available as .m3 or as something easily converted to .m3?
I would like to use them in a starcraft 2 map and modify them (i.e. switching weapons/changing animations according to weapons) if allowed.
Extra conversions are definitely not planned, simply for the sake of how much work we still have.
But ofc you are free to use them in SC2, but it means you'll have to figure out how to.

Level 4
I really like these models!
But are they broken or did i do something wrong?
It looks like some of the textures are missing?

Nevermind, it works ingame. :)

Attachments

• dwarfs.JPG
    dwarfs.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited: