• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crypt Vs Ghost BETA 0.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A Game , second (hero) vs (hero) map. well (6 heroes) vs (hero group) map.
Crypt Lord Vs Ghost Archmage
Lvl 6 Crypt Lord
5 Level 10 Archmages
Contents

Crypt Vs Ghost BETA 0.1 (Map)

Reviews
14:04, 23rd Feb 2009 Rui: Four users have posted their opinions, which sound pretty backed up. [highlight]Rejected[/code].

M

14:04, 23rd Feb 2009
Rui:
Four users have posted their opinions, which sound pretty backed up.
[highlight]Rejected[/code].

Level 31
This map is same badly done as BloodvsStorm. Even worse.

Same crappy and single trigger, the only trigger in entire map:

mistake1.jpg

I've completed this map in single player too, with ease. Not balanced as hell. Carrion Beetles spell is useless.

I rate 1/5 again by suggesting this map to be rejected. Rating will stay like this if you won't improve victory / defeat conditions and most important thing - balance.
Don't tell me that you worked hard on this half-hour-make map too.

Level 14
Well, I see bounty and AP have already covered it, but I'm going to comment as well.

The game is pretty much the same as your previous map a part from the terrain being converted to a ruined town or village. I'll put a few things in bullets so you can overview what needs to be fixed asap:

- Balance. Same as the previous map this map is easy for 1 player, let alone more. You need to make things more balanced.

- Gameplay. No custom units, heroes, spells, items(as well as no w3 ones). You just take your hero, activate Locust Swarm, sap them with the Impale and right click. A fun map of this kind is a map that makes the player involved and keeps him on his mouse and keyboard at all times.

- No victory/defeat condition once again. You have to have a map that ends.

- The terrain is pretty basic. You just spammed some houses, some flame emulators and that's it. While not a key factor in this kind of map, better terrain certainly helps.

- Carrion beetle spell is useless as there are no corpses in the map and heroes don't leave corpses when they die.

- All Arch-Mages are named Antonidas(sp?). One ghost per person. One person can't become five ghost when he dies. xD

Overall: Once again rejection, 1/5.

Advice: You should really work more than half an hour(if that) on your map. You basically just deleted the melee trigger, put a few dozen doodads, put 11 units and end.

Create good balance, add win/lose condition, add custom spells, units, heroes, items...

Usually these kinds of maps need something that will raise them above the crowd, something new and original. While this is hard at this time(when there are countless numbers of maps out there) you still might want to try to find something at least remotely new, a modification of some previous game or so.