1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Crow

Submitted by Dionesiist
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Oh man, has this model been a pain in the ass. That's mostly why I don't model so often anymore, because it takes so fucking much ;_;
Aaaanyway, this is what would be the tier 1 melee for Demonic Sharadar [elves with self-mutating abilities.], the Crow. He's ugly, his mutations are basic, thus he sucks and is fodder.
EDIT: I had forgotten to set rarity on his attack animations, WHICH IS NOW FFFFIXED.
EDIT 2: It now has very subtle team colour. <_<'
EDIT 3: It now has death sound and supposedly footprints.

Keywords:
crow, dark, elf, chicken, legs, schyte, mantis, dual, wielding, evil, footman, equivalent, tech-tree
Contents

Crow (Model)

Crow (Model)

Assets
Reviews
16:22, 11th Dec 2010 DonDustin: simply awesome. Interesting concept, great mesh, creative and well executed animations and a stunning texture
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 16:22, 11th Dec 2010
    DonDustin: simply awesome. Interesting concept, great mesh, creative and well executed animations and a stunning texture

2. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow! He's really nice, and it's quite original!

3. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow lmao.. The idea is funny, but the texture and its wrap is unreal, I've never seen such a good wrap. 5\5.

He looks like a character in a crazy Japanese street-fighter game.

4. nickel510

nickel510

Resources:
    Resources:
    errr dang

Looks beautiful from the screenshot. Haven't tested it but dang. Very nice. Could also work as some effed up Arakkoa. Or somethin... Nice. + rep!

5. FriendlyHost

FriendlyHost

Resources:
    Resources:
    woah that looks freaky good, 5/5!

6. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice model. The mesh is pretty cool, original and weird, which is not unusual for your models. The first thing I noticed, though, is the lack of teamcolor! Since this is supposedly part of an imaginary techtree\race of yours, I definitely suggest you add teamcolor. It could be very useful in combination with your other models, if you plan on making other such models(From the same theme\race). I suggest you add some teamcolor on his helmet, weapons and that feathery black cape of his. Perhaps on the beige coat as well.
    The animations are fluid and work well. The stand animations are actually rather original in how they don't just have the character look around. Stand - 3 really made me curious to know as to what exactly he has inside those sleeves. I actually tried to tilt the camera a bit to check. :p Either way, I believe the rarity on the stand animations is too low - if I understood it correctly, rarity means that the animation will play roughly every "X" animations, with X being the rarity. I might be wrong. But either way, I'd say something like 4 and 6 will be better rarities, for Stand 2 and Stand 3 accordingly. Stand Ready looks very awesome in my eyes; he looks like he is ready to pounce on his enemy and rip it to shreds. Unfortunately, the Attack animations are worse(in my opinion) - they are rather weak - looks like he's not putting too much effort in attacking. He also seems to move too much during them. Walk looks kinda weird to me to be honest, but I suppose it's fine. I just don't get the arm movements. They're just plain strange. And death, while being spectacular and awesome, really caught my attention. I mean what the hell is happening to him? Why did God suddenly decide to rip apart the earth under him and send him back to Hell? Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome, but perhaps it is TOO awesome. First of all, according to you this is the equalivant of a footman - that means a lot of those might be dying at the same time. Which might look incredibly weird in-game. I'll understand if that is your excuse not to have a proper decay animation, though. :p

Anyways, it's a really cool model. Deserves a 4\5. Good job. :)

7. Dionesiist

Dionesiist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I kind of fail at making believable attack animations... Also, I forgot to set the rarity -__-'
    As for the death animation, his pampering with demon abilities made him a demon himself, thus he is sent to Hell when he 'dies'. I'd imagine this would be a trait of the whole race.

8. Klingo

Klingo

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    a spin animation could be nice , no?

9. darkdeathknight

darkdeathknight

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hmm this model is pretty awesome. I havent checked the anims yet but theyre prolly good. Visually, the only thing that needs to change in my opinion is that the lower part of the legs (claf/shin) needs to be slightly thinner. It is a birdman after all.(but I dont mean really thin, just a little bit)
    EDIT-Actually, now that I look at it, the legs are fine. The anims are good too.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  10. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    excellent!you never cease to amaze me! :D i love the daggers. and that feet is just awesome.
    truly deserves a rating higher than 5.

11. mnib

mnib

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    awesome man looks like from some battle games

12. LumZor

LumZor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats is a nice Model you got there Mate!

13. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice one. Are you gonna make more freaks like this one?

14. whisperos

whisperos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very cool, Looks very scary.

15. KayS

KayS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Like the Boss of a terror film... Pretty good!

16. Las

Las

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let me download this to see.

17. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    So you finally released your model.
    There we go, Severus Snape, Sasuke and Chicken-Hybrid! :)

18. Matarael

Matarael

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What is this I don't even.

19. yubiyoy

yubiyoy

Resources:
    Resources: