• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Critter Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12

Critter Tag

Coming Soon

Why?

There's not many good tag maps that aren't overly-complicated (or to me :p), so I decided to create one... a couple months ago. It was on hold until now.

Project Status: Deleted

Dear all people who have read this and/or who are reading this, Critter Tag.w3x has been accidentally deleted as I was installing Windows 7 Ultimate. I am considering whether or not I should use the ideas I have now or just abandon the project entirely. Sorry for the disappointment,

~Aesthetics

Project Stage: N/A

Features:

• 8 Critters (runners) to select from
  • 4 Wolves (taggers) to select from
  • 9 Critter trainable units with 3 tiers
  • 3 tiers of resource buildings
  • 4 tiers of Critter towers
  • 3 tiers of walls for Critters
  • MANY, many items for Wolves for balance
  • Many abilities for Wolves for balance
  • Center Jail - Just that usual saving method
  • Actual terrain :p
  • Simple yet Skill-requiring gameplay
Critters
- Rabbit
- Sheep
- Seal
- Rat
- Chicken
- Crab
- Raccoon
- Fel Boar
Wolves
- Under Construction
Screens
- Under Construction -

Progress

Terrain8/10
Units5/10
Triggers1/10
Simple Blog Site6/10
Items0/10
Polishing4/10
Beta Testing0/10
Total23/70

What YOU could help With

- Making a loading screen, signature, or Mini-map Preview
- Beta Testing
- Supplying Ideas
- Helping, basically

All of the above are listed are subject to change.

Current Loading Screen
Magical Forest.jpg
Current Mini-map Preview
CT001.jpg
Current Signature
172920-albums2592-picture21235.png

Last edited:
Level 4
Happened to come across one of your replies and saw the sig..
I'm always interested in new tags and this one sounded fun, because critters are awesome.
I'd love to see some gameplay or maybe even a beta to see what your ideas were :)

GL :)

Level 12
so far theres nothing to really talk about.
Why are we talking about stuff then? :p
Happened to come across one of your replies and saw the sig..
I'm always interested in new tags and this one sounded fun, because critters are awesome.
I'd love to see some gameplay or maybe even a beta to see what your ideas were :)

GL :)
Thank you. I hope to see you around this thread! :grin:

Working on it. Wouldn't want to show you crappy terrain would I?

And also, I was wondering if you would make me a signature of fluffy animals being chased by wolves, and the text being "Critter Tag". :D

Oh lol sorry for the late answer, but yes i think so. Will try to see what i can do.

[EDIT]

Something like this?
CritterTag1.png

Last edited:
Level 3
I like how it sounds... I once taught about making a tag map, but I did not have too much experience to finish it( I don`t have too much now too :sad: ). My concept was that you could choose from a variety of heroes, each with his own "tag abilities" like one had a jump, other had a slow and so on... I like where this is going... Waiting for the final version :wink: +REP

Level 12
Can you pick outta a range of critters or is it just one? Anyway hopefully you add seals... I luv seals, they are soooooo cute.
Anyway goodluck with your map.
Read the thread before you post.

And I may or may not add seals (since there's already 8 critters for 8 players, although more selection might be nice).

And thank you.

EDIT:
thought your taggers were wolves?
They are. When I said "Human Taggers" I mean humans controlling the wolf taggers. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.