• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Critical Strike With Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to create a critical strike abillity that also has cooldown. I have created a bash spell with cooldown using the orb of lightning but i can't find a way to create critical strike. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Level 15
I'm not sure of an object editor solution.

What you can do is simply trigger the whole spell yourself and create a cool down that way (the spell won't fire until that timer is finished).

Level 25
Copy the Critical Strike ability and set the crit chance to 100%
The orb of slow and the orb of lighting have their own abilites that they perform when their chance hits, you can change these abilites to other abilites.

So copy the Orb of slow ability, set it to not be an item ability and set the critical strike to be the ability cast upon hitting the chance. Set the cooldown to 2-3 seconds.

Voilá!

Level 12
Copy the Critical Strike ability and set the crit chance to 100%
The orb of slow and the orb of lighting have their own abilites that they perform when their chance hits, you can change these abilites to other abilites.

So copy the Orb of slow ability, set it to not be an item ability and set the critical strike to be the ability cast upon hitting the chance. Set the cooldown to 2-3 seconds.

Voilá!

Not that simple. (I'm pretty sure, anyway) It only works with target-point and target-unit abilities with a few exceptions. However, at the bottom of this post, there is a test map that has a functioning Critical Strike clone with Cooldown, using Lightning Orb and Unholy Frenzy.

Level 2
Not that simple. (I'm pretty sure, anyway) It only works with target-point and target-unit abilities with a few exceptions. However, at the bottom of this post, there is a test map that has a functioning Critical Strike clone with Cooldown, using Lightning Orb and Unholy Frenzy.

I saw this article but i didn't see there was a test map lol! Thanks for the info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.