• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating an Outline ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Just wanted to ask if there is anyway to put an outline, like the one on the screen, on a warcraft 3 model ??? I know that the model on the picture is cell shaded and that Warcraft doesnt work with cell shading.
So what I want to know, is there any filtermode or suchthing to make just the "outline" working ingame ???

teapot.jpg

pkw

pkw

Level 9
There is a way to make the outline, but it makes the model size to be big =.=

Copy and paste the whole mesh into another geoset.
Enlarge a little.
Change the texture of that enlarged mesh into Textures\Black32.blp

If you doesn't want to use this method, I think you should skin it =\

pkw has the right idea, but you need to take it one step further.
You need to copy the whole thing, and paste it a little bigger. Then you need to flip the bigger mesh inside out, so that the material is on the inside instead of the outside. This will make it so you only see the black around the edges of the smaller mesh, like an outline. BAAM!

Level 4
Just tried it ... but I've got a problem. The only way I know, to flip a model inside out (in 3ds Max!!!) is to "Flip Normals" but how do I export this now ???
If I do it the normal way the model isn't flipped inside out ingame so its just black. Hope somebody can help =)

Status
Not open for further replies.