• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Creating a Custom Equipment System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
ok so how would i go on about making a custom Equipment System, using a Custom UI Box

Using Something like this, Top Left, Helm, Gloves, Boots - Right, Weapon 1, Weapon 2

Bottom, Misc Like Jewellery Trinket, So on

Centre would be the stats, Damage, Strength, Int, Agi, Others. i would put a sprite of ur model there but i have so many skins in my map, and i also dont know how to rotate a model to face forward, and if i understand some Sprite things, u would have to have 2 models in ur map imported assets, one for playable, one for sprite, which would make the map huge in scale.

image_2022-07-03_054950607.png

Something like this but with Custom UI.

Note: this system will be a Button to open and close or pressing a OSKey so not a ability like Said System.

Last edited:
Hello maybe this

Level 7
That is already set as a thing, I want a entire custom UI but similar to that, guess I could look at that see if I can use that for the setup

EDIT: i checked it out, i do not like how that is whatsoever, it is nothing like how i want to make it.

Last edited:
That is already set as a thing, I want a entire custom UI but similar to that, guess I could look at that see if I can use that for the setup

EDIT: i checked it out, i do not like how that is whatsoever, it is nothing like how i want to make it.
hmm yeah....ok then try these
or

Level 7
all of the options is Custom Inventory and Equipment, i dont want a custom inventory sticking to basic original, and all these are built for custom inventory

thats why i said like this one

it uses the basic inventory, but not in a custom ui form

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Special Effects can have their Pitch, Roll, and Yaw adjusted, allowing you to adjust their rotation. You can also use GetLocalPlayer() to hide the Effects from other players. For getting the appropriate Model, you can store each unit's model path in a String array or Hashtable and link the Unit-type to the model.

For a more modern approach you can use this tool to easily design your custom UI: Warcraft 3 Reforged UI Designer (RUID)
Then from there you need to figure out how you want your system to work. Unfortunately, all of the frame related functions are only accessible in Jass/Lua, but this system gives you GUI-friendly methods to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.