• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a Class System, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm currently making a map that I'd like to have some kind of class system. Any of you have played RPG maps should know what I'm talking about.

For example, I start with a Level 1 Thief, at level 5 I can upgrade to a Samurai or Ninja by going to a building that has a bunch of choices for classes that require different classes to be at different levels.

How would I go about being able to keep the hero's information after switching (level and spells learned)? How would I even make it switch properly? The idea I have is that it would remove the unit and replace it, but I don't think that would save the old unit, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Level 5
There is a trigger that will replace your ninja with the samerai at the certain lvl. You can also choose to have the same HP and Mana and lvl as the other hero.

Level 5
1) Wrong forum

What's the right forum then? :\

2) When the thief upgrades into Samurai: Create a Samurai, then change its HP / mana / level / spells learned to the HP / mana / level / spells of the thief. Then remove the thief...

Well that's not really what I meant, I meant I want it so if I did revert back to the Thief, the Thief would still have all the spells, level, and stats as before he upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.