• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Create Destructibles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello, I have a Fast Question and need a Fast Anwser... do Create Destructible cause any Problems to the Map because I’m using Destructibles as Effects (Not Units or Special Effects) because I can Scale them Instantly when created / set a variable to them and Removed them Afterwards easily...

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Creating Destructibles could work fine but you can do the same thing with Units/Special Effects.

That being said, I would definitely use Special Effects. They have the most control (at least on newer patches) and there's no unnecessary overhead.

You can adjust the scale, color, alpha, pitch, roll, yaw, height, time, timescale, and animations of Special Effects.

• Actions
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of (Playable map area)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\AcidBomb\BottleMissile.mdl
    • Special Effect - Set Scale of (Last created special effect) to 2.50
    • Set Variable Sfx = (Last created special effect)
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
    • Special Effect - Destroy Sfx
It's one extra line of code to adjust the Scale but you're enabling yourself a lot more control as well as improving performance since there's no unnecessary data stored to the object (Hit Points, Name, etc).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.