• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick Destructible Trigger question {removing all destructibles in an area}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey, im trying to make a trigger which every destructible in a region gets removed, this is what i got so far

Destructible - Pick every destructible in Lordearon House <gen> and do (Do nothing)

Well i tried to replace the Do nothing with Remove, however, then it says this

Destructible - Pick every destructible in Lordearon House <gen> and do (Destructible - Remove (Last created destructible))

How do i change the (Last created destructible) into all the trees in the region, because once i click the last created destruticble i got to choose every thing manually, i would do that normally but it are a lot of tree's.

So how do make this trigger: Pick every destructible in region and do remove. or sumthing like that :thumbs_up:

Level 10
Can you explain better what it is your trying to remove destructibles for? Cuz sounds like there might be a better way to do this all-together.

P.S. you could do Pick All Destructibles in Group - Play Destructible Animation - Death
Then Play Destruction Animation - Birth when you want them to come back.

Level 5
Alright allow me to explain my self, im trying to Create an event in my map that turns the Undercity back in to Lordearon city. So i need to make triggers to change terrain( Done that ) and now i need triggers to remove all the Underground tree's . but there are to many to manually pick themm all 1 by 1

Level 10
Yeah but then how does he replace the trees with new ones...

What if you assign all the undead trees to a array variable and do same with the lorderon trees. (2 difrrent vars)
Then you can select the undead trees - play destructible animation death.
Then select the lorderon trees and - play animation birth.

You would have to make the trees have no pathing so that you could place the undead and lorderon trees on same spot. But then you could add a pathing blocker so your not walking through them.

You could also use Ctrl + Page down to lower the trees in ground a bit if the stumps are showing.

Yeah but then how does he replace the trees with new ones...

What if you assign all the undead trees to a array variable and do same with the lorderon trees. (2 difrrent vars)
Then you can select the undead trees - play destructible animation death.
Then select the lorderon trees and - play animation birth.

You would have to make the trees have no pathing so that you could place the undead and lorderon trees on same spot. But then you could add a pathing blocker so your not walking through them.

You could also use Ctrl + Page down to lower the trees in ground a bit if the stumps are showing.
Omg that would take forever. If you want them to just remove, thats easy, but replaceing them.. ='[ u should just kill yourself

Level 5
i was just about to ^^ but then i figured out a trick, it may not look very good buts its alright, I make a trigger : Place 1 lordearon summer tree at random point in region, (i make several small regions) , then i copy that, and paste it 15 times, so the region is always full :D. Solved, thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.