• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Create a double-attack function

Level 4
Hello! I want to create a trigger which:
When ranged unit X performs its attack, and the projectile is launched, a duplicate projectile will be created with the same properties, functionality and source of Unit X's first attack.

I have done research but found nothing like it. The other option I found was to create a trigger which checks if the unit has a dummy buff, and if it does, increase its attack speed by up to 400%. In this case, the dummy buff will not occur during the extra attack. Is the first option possible, or should I stick with the second?

Hello! I want to create a trigger which:
When ranged unit X performs its attack, and the projectile is launched, a duplicate projectile will be created with the same properties, functionality and source of Unit X's first attack.

I have done research but found nothing like it. The other option I found was to create a trigger which checks if the unit has a dummy buff, and if it does, increase its attack speed by up to 400%. In this case, the dummy buff will not occur during the extra attack. Is the first option possible, or should I stick with the second?
I have a passive double-attack for a unit (I.E. always first 2 attacks) on my map, try out the Mammoth Tank on The Defence of the Castle to see how it operates.

Basically it's an orb-effect firing a Searing Arrow-based spell with everything setup as the original attack.
Yes, it uses an orb-effect and a unit can only have 1!

I think I needed this to make it work 100%:
  • DoubleAttack
    • Events
      • (<specific-unit>) Acquires a target
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack . (Targeted unit)
Note that you'd have to add this to all units with double attack (doable by more triggers, but leaking events if there are many regular units with this ability).

Level 4
@ThompZon
Oh nice! I booted it up and it worked like a charm. The only issue is that the specific unit can obtain a dummy orb effect ability (Firelord's) already. One step forward...

Digging the music and sound for the map! I'm a sucker for that stuff :thumbs_up: