• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

scale attack projectiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I just want to make a hero's normal attack be the ancient protector missile but smaller. Possible through object editor? I tried making a dummy unit be the projectile but I can't get the hero to use the dummy unit as the projectile. (Maybe I could use the custom path option??)

Last edited:
Level 33
Yeah, I was thinking of making that dummy unit as the projectile but what about the hero that launched the attack order ?

There's 2 possibilities:
1. Order that unit to Stop and create the dummy unit
2. Direct the attack order to somewhere else

You see, #1 is flawed because if we order that unit to stop, it doesn't gets its Attack Cooldown, so, the player OR the unit can spam attack the unit depends on how fast they're spamming or abusing it

#2 is not quite flaws, but requires in-depth of a trigger (to track the dummy unit hitting the targeted unit, bla bla)

Level 13
why not just resize the projectile. probably not very hard to do.

you might be able to make request in the requests forum and some model editor can whip it up for you in no time. just make a mention of what size(1.0 would be normal size) the projectile should be(when you make custom unit with the model of the original projectile you can adjust the size in the object editor).

Of course you cannot use a dummy unit as a projectile on the OE, since projectiles on the OE are just models, not units... if you have a projectile system that would be pretty easy...

so for now, just edit the projectile model to be smaller, or scale your hero to a smaller one, and set Scale Projectiles to true...

Level 13
defskull i'm not really a model maker although i tried to learn it, i can't...so i don't practice this. i haven't seen the need for what this guy's asking in my maps yet but i have had similar needs. i requested some weapon orbs and i got some.

even if i wanted to resize it for him i don't know what percentage he wants it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.