• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harmless Projectile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Like the title suggests, is there anyway to make an projectile harmless?

By harmless I mean not treated as an attack. I know I can set the damage to 0, but I'm using a DDS and I need to detect the projectile. Even if the damage is set to 0.01, the targeted friendly unit will still be "attacked" and is ordered to run (and if it is a hero the icon on the left side of the screen is blinking red).

Basically I have a spell that sends a missile to hit up to 4 enemies (Chain lightning effect but with a projectile), after the last unit is hit, the projectile returns to the caster.
Since I want to missile to follow the caster, I cannot use a dummy unit as the target. I tried making it so that the dummy unit is moved to the caster position ever X seconds, so it will appear that the missile is homing back at the caster, but it did not work for some reason.

Note: Death Coil does not work since I cannot detect any damage from it as a healing ability).

I tried making it so that the dummy unit is moved to the caster position ever X seconds, so it will appear that the missile is homing back at the caster, but it did not work for some reason.

This is the way to go though. You must have made one or more errors in the trigger since it did not work.
If you can, please post the trigger where you tried this method.
If you don't have it anymore then try to explain why the trigger didn't work.

Level 12
set a new point = offset by it's missile speed multiplied by how many times it happen per second (usually 0.03) towards the target from the projectiles current location.

set pointMissile = pointMissile offset by missileSpeed towards angle between points (pointMissile & pointCaster)
Move Missile instantly to pointMissile facing pointCaster

Status
Not open for further replies.