• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crazy Mofos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I don’t know if this is the right place to post this, since this is hive, a warcraft related modding site, but hey this is in the off-topic forum and I just feel like writing about this.

Anyway, in my tenth year of school we had this new kid transfer in the middle of the year, I say kid because he was an 8th grader while I was in 10th at the time, rumor was that he got kicked out of his previous school because he broke into the security guard’s shack or office or whatever it was. At a later time I heard a different version of the story where they said the security guard was dealing weed to the kids and this kid just broke into the guard’s office and took it, the school authorities did not want to admit that the security guard was also doubling as a drug dealer for obvious reasons and kicked the kid out and fired the guard. Anyway just the other day I saw an old buddy from school I haven’t seen for some time, and he told me that a few years later when we had all already graduated this same kid had spend 3 or 6 months in juvy because he beat someone in the face with a golf club. Wow, it makes me feel awkward thinking about this. Some kids are just crazy.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
51YMeR2oUWL.jpg

Level 2
I was expecting ppl to react, post some of their own crazy stories/experiences

Instead I get you guys poking fun at it

Level 2
@White Wolf what did you expect? A serious reply? Why didnt you just put this on reddit

Anyhow I have known a few people that have gotten worse with age; but this is not something I care to discuss

Well your story wasn't exactly a crazy story. It's just some vague rumor that you heard from someone that heard something. This is hardly anything to react to, people get beaten by golf clubs all the time.

I am driving on the roads in Thailand, I see crazy shit every day. Did you know they have one of the worlds highest mortality rates on the roads? More than once I have seen aftermaths of horrible crashes. It's mostly people on motorbikes without helmets. They are normally 2-3 people on one motorbike, and sometimes they bring their toddlers along (also without helmets) to ride with them. Do you know what happens to a person without a helmet on a motorbike who is hit by a semi truck? More than what happens if they are hit by a golf club in the face, I can tell you that. If their wife and child also sits on the motorbike they are often just reduced to an indistinguishable pulp and you no longer know if there were 2 or 3 people on the motorbike. There are some limbs here and there so you have a general idea, but you never really want to try to find out. You just want to get out of there, but that's not always possible due to the traffic jam that ensues. So, you're forced to sit there and watch while rescue personnel picks up the bits and pieces.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Level 2
Ok you gotta understand

a) this was close to home - this was a kid who although was not my friend I saw on daily basis

b) he didn't just hit the guy and drop the club, he repeatedly hit him, the person barely survived, the reason he barely got any time was because he was underaged

Level 2
Ye, that's pretty insane. But you dont know the guy or exactly what took place here

I mean the title says one thing but what if there was a completely different story behind it?

Level 5
Ok here's a story from my life

In HS there was a guy we used to call Saddam, this was both because we couldn't stand his behavior - he was a spoiled prick and his resemblance to the late dictator

Now regular violence (punches, kicks, etc.) was a regular thing back in those days, but this guy Saddam managed to piss someone off with his spoiled talks and other BS that they literally beat him to a pulp, if I remember correctly Saddam had to use a wheelchair for weeks because the beating was so bad (I think whoever beat him broke his leg and hopefully thought him a lesson or two on bragging and keeping his mouth shut)

Level 2
I can relate to that -no one likes spoiled people. I remember a similar instance, but this has nothing to do with school.

My friend had a neighbor who shall remain nameless for the purpose of this post. This guy would blow most of his money on his car and would constantly show it off and brag about it. Now one day he goes to the nightclub. And I'm not exactly sure what happened because of the many versions of the story I've heard, but heres my take on the events; he must've bragged to some people about his wealth or showed his car off, they assumed he had money or other valuables on him in person, they proceeded to beat and rob him, they broke his arm in the process.

I never liked him and didnt feel bad about seeing him in a cast, but I dont think he changed much after that, some people just dont learn, do they, where's @pyf on this.

Level 2
you guys kinda missed my mark: it's not too unfrequent to know a victim, and its not too crazy

But knowing the person who has done crazy shit, now that's different. It really changes your perception of things and people

Reactions: pyf
Level 2
In some ways I can agree, but it also depends on you and your community, specifically the amount of violence in it that you have witnessed.

Level 2
I have witnessed my share of violence; just not that sort of violence. Also you knew who was violent types were and who to stay away from. You had people that would break the rules; but not in violent ways and then you have the violent types, but you knew who they were. I simply never expected that this kid would do something like that. Fight are not uncommon where I live, but a beating like the one that kid gave was unheard of.

Level 5
Disclaimer: I dont know this guy, but I'm guessing he's what White Wolf and others would consider a "crazy mofo"

Attachments

• Rapper beaten up.avi
    8 MB · Views: 29
Level 2
I think you misunderstood what I wrote:

Anybody can turn into what you call a crazy mofo if pushed passed a certain point.

The point is different for every person, but trust me, it's all about the situation, facing certain situations most if not all people would do things we consider crazy.

Level 2
This is where I disagree, some people are not born psychopaths or anything, but they turn out pretty messed up, and sometimes there is no situation that drives them there, they just kinda wind up there of their own doing. Take someone I grew up with, he was born into a normal, rather wealthy family, and he turned out to be pretty messed up. It's personal choice...yes people can be "made" to go crazy, but for some people they just kind of wind up crazy by themselves.

Level 5
From my own personal experience/observation it can be a situation which makes a personal do crazy things, or simply the person deciding to do something crazy for no apparent reason.

There does not need to be a biological or situational cause for someone to do something crazy, some people are just abnormal. I knew people that had nothing done to them, yet became criminals/thugs - simply chose that lifestyle, whereas others who were bullied and often victimized, or born into rather bad families/conditions but chose not to cross the line and live normal mundane lives. Choice is the key element here, although what RidgeDweller mentioned regarding getting pushed has truth to it.

Reactions: pyf
Level 2
Rarely do people just go crazy; there is usually a cause, on the other hand whether one can see it or not is a completely different story.

Level 5
Usually does not mean always...look at some of the stories in the news, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.