• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corrupted Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I think my map became corrupted. I spent a lot of time on this map. Ive been making and testing this map for 3 months now and I never encountered this problem.

When I saved and tested the map today, triggers stopped running. Even Map initialization triggers doesnt work anymore. The map runs properly before. :goblin_cry:

Even imported files doesnt seem to appear.

Last edited:
Level 2
I tried to copy the files in a back up of mine and now the back up's triggers and imported files doesnt work as well

Level 2
There are a lot of differences from the map and the back up. urggh! i guess I have no other choice but to repeat them again.

I made a 2 new heroes for the map. after saving, i tested it. the triggers stopped running then

Level 4
@Kuruchi95, So the only thing that was corrupted were the triggers?

What about the terrain, object editor data, doodads, units and etc? Are they corrupted? Cause if not, then it doesn't sound so bad, except for the corrupted triggers and such. ;)

Triggering is very complicated too. Maybe it's a virus in your computer or something? This never happened to me. But I'm pretty sure there is some way to fix it other than restarting all over again. =)

If it can't be fixed in any other way, you should turn you your backup just as the others say. Or turn to your last option, to start and create your triggers from scratch again. =/

Hope this helps mate. =)

Hail Storm

@Hail - it happens to me for I think more than 5 times already for the past 4 years... a lot of other people also experienced it already at least once... and the only thing we could really do was hope that we have a back-up somewhere, else you're back from scratch...

What about the terrain, object editor data, doodads, units and etc? Are they corrupted? Cause if not, then it doesn't sound so bad, except for the corrupted triggers and such. ;)

It is bad, why? even if you create new triggers they will all still don't work... and a non-melee map without triggers is well, I don't know how you'd call it...

Level 4
@Hail - it happens to me for I think more than 5 times already for the past 4 years... a lot of other people also experienced it already at least once... and the only thing we could really do was hope that we have a back-up somewhere, else you're back from scratch...

It is bad, why? even if you create new triggers they will all still don't work... and a non-melee map without triggers is well, I don't know how you'd call it...

@Adiktuz, Wow, 5 times?!..... That's a lot of bad luck. Well then, if that happens very so often, then you should be prepared with a truckload of backup. So that you'll be saved and don't have to restart all over again. =)

Really?? I didn't know that... Well, maybe because it hasn't happened to me yet, and I'm very grateful for that. =)

Hehehe, running a map without triggers, is like running a computer without it's control system. Triggers are like the brains of the map. Even if the trigger is just "Map Initialization", it is very important. Because it controls the whole game and the experience in it. =)

So a map without triggers? Well, let's just call it a triggerless map. =b

@Kuruchi95, Oh ok. I'm glad you had the strength to do it again. Others just give up on their map/project when things like these happen. =)

And yes I know. It is a very frustrating thing to do. But at least now you learned that you should have lots of backup before continuing with anything. So that this problem won't repeat again in the future. ;)

Well then, hope you do good in your map and good luck with your project. =)

Hail Storm

Level 4
luckily they only happened when I was making spell maps... and I hope they won't happen on a major map...

Well, it's good to know that it didn't affect any of your major maps. You're quite lucky I might say, mate. ;) Others aren't so lucky when it comes to those stuff. =/

Anyways, it's good to know it never happened to any of your major maps, and I hope it stays like that or better, not to affect any of your maps at all mate. =)

Level 9
so i didnt read the whole posts here but as far as i understood your problem was/is that the triggers dont run at all anymore, right?

then check whether you have a hugh number of preset array indexes (dont know how to call it really...the number you can set whenever you make a variable an array to set how big the array should be)...i ran into the same problem once and the only problem was that i somehow hit the limit there so i reduced some of the numbers and....TADA xD it worked again ;D maybe thats your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.