• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Corpse moving to the center of the map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I decided to try out editing models for the hell of it. All went fine until I tried it out in World Editor. Only problem is that when the unit dies, its fleshy corpse disappears and teleports to the center of the map. But the corpse isn't actually there, since when I do Raise Dead, it will spawn skeletons at the spot where the unit died. Any help on how to fix this pls?

EDIT: Also, another thing that I noticed is that it will occasionally attach itself underneath nearby units.

Last edited:
Level 29
This is a skinning error. A likely cause is that the vertices of the corpse are not attached to any bone.
You can open the model in the sanity tester (see sticky threads) and see if that's the error.
If this is not the error, I would be interested to know what it is (and I would be interested in getting your model).

Last edited:
Level 5
This is a skinning error. A likely cause is that the vertices of the corpse are not attached to any bone.
You can open the model in the sanity tester (see sticky threads) and see if that's the error.
If this is not the error, I would be interested to know what it is (and I would be interested in getting your model).

I tried it out in the sanity tester, and got a few warnings. But the original model I used to edit had those same warnings too, so it doesn't seem its on me. And none of those warnings had anything to do with the corpse itself or any attached bones.

You can see the model here: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/9e9869d096f007ab056b493ba301121312612/

If anyone has any idea whats wrong with it, I'd be much obliged. I'd hate to throw this one in the trash, since its been going so well for it.

Level 5
The extents of your decay bone sequence are invalid. Try to recalculate them in Magos. This will be checked in the sanity test in the future.
I can't really see any other issue with a quick glance.

Weird. I have done nothing to the decay bone sequence and the values are the same as the ones on the original model. Changing them doesn't seem to do anything, I'm afraid. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.