• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random corpse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I've transfered animations from 1 model to another using Oinkerwinkle Animation Transferer. The animations got transfered, but there's a problem: On some animations a corpse is standing near model and on ground.
So i've read this tutorial - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ms-fix-those-randomly-appearing-corpses-8930/
But got stuck at some parts.
I've seen which...Mesh-es need to be removed on those animations or whatever (in Warcraft 3 Viewer), but i don't know what next to do.
I've opened the model in Notepad++, found the Geosetanims with their ID matching Mesh number, but what else? (Yeah, i know the ID is -1 compared to mesh)
I first CnP'd Decay Flesh first Interval number and thought i need to type 1 where i find this number on Geosetanims, but i can't find the number there :/ (Also there's no Decay Bone animation o_O)

EDIT: One more question, is it possible to apply a skin on a model, but keep the original in Warcraft?
What i've wanted is to import a Wc3's model with changed animations and give it a custom skin (from hive).

Level 22
EDIT: One more question, is it possible to apply a skin on a model, but keep the original in Warcraft?
What i've wanted is to import a Wc3's model with changed animations and give it a custom skin (from hive).

Yes, just move the skin on the same folder, then import to texture manager (war3 model editor), change the material, delete old texture, done. Remove war3imported when importing w/ texture.

Level 20
Yes, just move the skin on the same folder, then import to texture manager (war3 model editor), change the material, delete old texture, done. Remove war3imported when importing w/ texture.
Thanks, but what do you mean by 'change the material'? I've imported the skin to texture menager, but then what? If i delete the old texture, the model is black (In model editor).

I'm sorry for so many questions.
I found the animations, but what are the frames here? Extent, Interval or BoundsRadius?
And

Whoops, I forgot a lot. I should not play and try to reply.

The first and last frame of the animation is between the fancy brackets.
This tutorial might help you on the 2nd question.

Level 20
I've managed to remove the uneeded part on your model in the tutorial, but i'm unable to do the same on another model :/
How do i set in which animations should the corpse appear and in which not o_O
Or do i just assign an animation for the corpse so it's played on decay corpse animation (there's no decay bone anim on the model i use), if so, how do i set in which animation it appears?
And how do i remove the pickaxe from all animations? By just deleting it's geoset?

Also your tutorial is a bit misleading, at one point you say to click ctrl+right click instead of left and you say to close Geoset Manager even though you need it to get Geoset ID later :/

Status
Not open for further replies.