• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corpse always showing. Help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hey guys. I thought I was done with my Young Link model late last night and its improved a great lot. But I have a problem when I transferred animations from a Footman model with renamed bones to fit my Young Link model's. It worked fine or at least it seemed at first. It showed properly and worked in game except for he always dragged a corpse behind him. The other problem was that when attacking it would make the death sound for my unit.

So how can I make it so that the corpse and death sound only play/are visible when the unit dies.(Like the should normally.)

I've tried removing the corpse geoset and sound but that just makes my model unstable and it crashes wc3 and world editor. So thats out of the question. Besides that would be more of a band-aid fix anyway.

So if anyone could help me by explaining how to fix this it'd be much appriciated.

Thanks,

Zerox

Level 26
im not quite sure how that happened. however, you can try to fix this manually, download War3modeleditor from the TOOLS section of the HIVE and open the program (make sure WC3 is installed) and click on file>open and open you model. go to windows>node manager and find the small icon of a camera on the list that pops us. the largest box should have a number in it, open windows>sequence manager>death and make sure that THIS number matches that of the number in the box (middle of "death" under "From") in the sequence manager. All other numbers in the box for the sound node are not needed or are incorrect and should be deleted.

As for the skeleton always showing up. Open windows>geoset manager, and from the geosets you see, double click on them and set the material ID to none and then close them (one geoset will dissapear) close and then open it again and set it to the material it was before (it will reappear) repeat until the geoset you need dissapears (THIS IS TO SEE WHICH GESOET IS THAT OF THE CORPSE) when the corpse dissapears reset the material to what it had before and write down the number of that geoset. (DONT CLOSE THE PROGRAM AS THIS WILL RENAME THE GEOSETS RANDOMLY AGAIN) so go to windows>geoset animations manager and create a new one. check the alpha checkbox and click on the button, input the numbers 0:0 for the geoset (corpse) to remain invisible by default and then input the "from" number you found from sequence>death and intput it with ": 1" to make it visible in it's death animation. then close that box and look at the geoset animation you just created - set geoset ID to the "name" of the geoset that you wrote down

I know that its a little long winded and kinda hard to understand but just go through these steps real slow and if you have any questioons please PM me :D

hope it helps

Level 20
Okay the problem is solved. I ended up looking around and after a while finding a tutorial to do it in notepad and ultimately made my animations a whole great deal better. So sorry for not comming back to say I had figured it out. I didn't have access to the internet last night.

@ The Mechanic: Dude what you said was way thought out and easy to understand. It would have really helped me fix this but I went and looked around since I wasn't seeming to be getting replies. Though yours teaches me an alternate way to do it now. Thanks. I'll be sure to try to give you lots of rep now. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.