• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coral Golem

The naga of the tropical seas grow and enchant great blocks of coral into these silent guardians. Many an unwary treasure diver has met their end while swimming over an innocuous-looking reef that suddenly took shape and attacked.

-

My first model, made with Retera's editor, comments and criticism welcome.

Uses Golem animations (I didn't even know Golems had a Sleep animation).

TC is in the rock spikes around the head.

Changes:

Nov 13 2019: Legs are no longer hollow.

-

Feel free to edit this model, just tell me about it so I can see what it gets turned into.
Contents

Coral Golem (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A very cool yet simple model edit to the normal stone golem. A nice twist for beach/underwater maps. Good job.
on things floating, there's a difference between 'parts not meant to be connected, but still nicely put on top of each other', and 'parts just distanced with no rhyme or reason'

the first one is obviously more coherent, and anything that floats should have something holding it there, like infernal's fel energy being the joints

Level 5
Cool design and execution!

There's also a "coral golem" concept in my mind that comes from a chilean TCG:

images.jpg

It would be cool to create a reskin for the Mountain Giant based off that :D