• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Copy/Paste" Map Terrain/Doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Question Solved by: Dr Super Good

Hi
Is it possible to "Copy/paste" a whole map of terrain and doodads and create a new map and paste it onto that?
Since I made my RPG map in the size of 192x192 I wanted to increase it to the maximum.. So I was just wondering if there was any possible way, like copy/pasting trigger folders from one map to another.

Edit:
Okay I realize you can copy/paste units/terrain/doodads in the map pretty easily, if the same copy exists in the new map. Triggers can be copied as well.. But it seems like all custom files can only be copied 1 at a time. I cannot seem to copy all of the units together in the Human folder at the same time. Is there a way, or do I have to take 1 at a time? That will take like forever.

Last edited:
Level 8
You can expand the map boarders in the "Scenario" menu at top of the main windows and selecting "Map Size and Camera Bounds...". In that window toggle the "Modify Map Bounds" flag on and expand the map how desired.

But can't I only expand from 180x180 to a full of 192x192? I cannot overextend to a whole new map size, can I?

Oh I can! Haha. Great. Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.