• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Copying Doodads and Units from Map to Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi again !
I have to simuliar maps of mine ; One is de*****ed to restore terrain and the one has the same Size of map . I copied all the terrain Ctrl+A and pasted to the new map . But What about doodads and Units? I can't seem t select all and put and copy then paste them in their exact places in the new map . Is there any way I copy all doodads and units on the terrain then paste it in the new map without losing a single doodad or unit?

Please Help , And of course +rep

Level 15
u can export them then import them into ur new map. This replaces all the old units in that map with the new units / doodads tho.

I don't mean the object editor's data . I mean all units and doodads that are created on the terrain. Once I copy paste all the objects , My computer can't handle that huge number of objects and start laggings , so I can't set the objects . Besides , I will never be moving these objects in their exact places unless I have some things to do with the MPQ or idk . Help please!

Level 15
If you're copying units/doodads from one map to another then make sure that you also copy them on the object editor and more importantly they should have the same raw code. (eg. H001)

about the problem about your code, just copy a few of them until you transfer them all.

Copying just few objects doesn't lag But there is a pasting problem I can't seem to complete pasting When I press Left-Click to set the objects they can't seem to be created !

y not copy the map and delete what u dont want after copying the whole map ?

if this isnt viable then use sonofjay's option.

I would do so , But the first map is corrupted because I can't save it :/ so i gotta do my way

I recommend use MPQ Export Import Style (using MPQ like MPQ Editor or MPQ Master), AFAIR, just export all the W31 (1 Being an extension) from the MPQ of the map then import those file to the map which needs it, this should transfer all the data at least, also import all custom resources as well. This should be twice as fast as using normal WE transfer (+Terrain transfer from WE is a hassle I think)

Level 15
most often a map cant be saved because it is protected.
if its ur map and not protected then its most likely a bad model file for a unit / effect
or a bad trigger / custom script

Yeah That's was my problem . I couldn't save my map because I protected it then I unprotected it because it had some issues . Anyways , I finally copied all doodads piece by piece .

Level 15
@Daffa_The_Mage:
JNGP is not working properly for me . When hitting test button the game crashes ( not the editor ) , So I can't test any map inside the editor . I always have to save the map inside game's folder then playing it through the game [But I use it anw]
@Death:
This happens to me for the first time . :/

Status
Not open for further replies.