• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cooldown Reset Talents

What should happen to Cooldown Resets?

• Take out Cooldown Reset Talents

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Nerf the Talents, i.e increase cooldown/decrease chance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the talents as is

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Buff the talents, bigger chances of proccing

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other: (your own idea)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Some might find that these talents are extremely overpowered, as they also reset potion cooldowns usually leading to an infinite mana source allowing the character to ignore wisdom, also, as it resets abilities such as Sweeping Blades, once every 30 seconds, for Assassin allowing Assassin to have a good amount of AoE, which should be reserved for others classes.

However they are unique and do make the game easier, and allows some classes to be more desirable to play. The cooldown helps the Crusader hold aggro, and allows Bishop to be a better healer. The talent also increases Hunter's dps to a good amount. Also a nice increase to DPS for Sorcerer as well. Plus why try to fix something when its not really broken.

Basically both sides to an arguement. I won't let my input changing your own thoughts, just giving the simple information.

May this be a relatively clean thread, allow people to state their opinions and not shoot them down for it. Lets try to break some molds that are so dominate on the internet. A more "civilized" way of doing things.

Level 10
Who knows for certain how these talents will work on end game content like D4 maybe they are perfectly balanced as is and there just isn't enough of a comparison. I say we give it until 1.2b before drastically changing talent ideas and such for balancing issues around a few level 40 bosses

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
We should also consider that cooldown reset talents are usually top-tier talents.

I didn't know that cooldown reset also resets item cooldowns. This is not working as intended, honestly.
Unfortunately, I can not fix this, as there is only one mechanic implemented in WC3 to reset cooldowns. So there's only the option to increase the cooldown of those talents or to remove them entirely.
Before I nerf those talents by increased cooldown, I'd rather remove them for classes that benefit from them too much.

I don't see a problem with the crusader cd reset. Crusaders specc wisdom mostly because of the extra resistances, not the extra mana. So I suppose this one is gonna stay.

Same goes for hunters. As you can use the mana drain to replenish your mana, the cooldown reset on potions is fine. Also, they don't have a lot of high cd abilities anyway.

About assassins: I'm thinking about replacing the talent here, as I do agree that the cooldown reset becomes way too powerful in combination with sweeping blades.

For the bishop and sorcerer, there is nothing to discuss here. The talent will be replaced by something else, as mana management is a core design aspect of those classes.

In general, I'd like to say that ALL talent lines will get an overhaul in 1.2b anyway, as it introduces some new spells that will be affected by the current talents.
Also, as the talent lines will be expanded to tier 6 and tier 7 in the future, some of the current tier 5 talents will move up one or two tiers in the line, depending on how powerful they are.

Level 2
for infinite mana problem, maybe blue and purple potion should be made unstackable or stack for 2 only, or reduce the amount of mana gained per usage..?

Level 1
Well it looks about even right now. But I just don't get the people who wanna get rid of the cd reset completely

Level 8
Crusader - The cd reset is an important aspect of crusader play now.

Hunter - Not very useful at all.

Assassin - Sweeping+reset is obviously OP (when players say "We need aoe, get assassin" you know something is off). I would suggest a replacement along the lines of increasing the power of coup de grace and backstab.

Bishop - Having 2 BoL is cute but unnecessary. Healers don't work well with chance-based skills. I've never seen a skilled bishop playing seriously with reset talent. I was thinking of replacing this with a talent to add a regen effect to Burst of Light (after the initial heal, does some heal/sec for around 3sec), if not regen then some sort of buff preferably a +%dmg buff.

Sorcerer - I feel skill reset was made for this class's future skillset (more instant casts), but if it's really not feasible to fix potions then I wouldn't be sad to see it go, as the class is now. I would suggest a chance after cast to decrease target spell resistance to a random element for a short time, maybe 5sec.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Can't you re-apply cd's?
You can't - unless you force the ability use and then compensate/hide its effect.
It's counter-intuitive, comes with potential bugs and is just not a good programing practice, so there's no way I use that workaround to fix an un-creative copy&paste talent.

Level 2
i vote for removing cd talents for every class. dunno, feels like every class use that path and it completely remove mana management for those who have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.