• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Cooldown Bug with a Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is the spell:
When you're above X health event Y happens
Otherwise, event Z happens

The spell itself is easy to code, the problem is I would like the icon to change when the unit goes underneath X health from above X health, or goes above X health from under X health. The way I have it now there are two abilities, each with a different icon, and when one of the two above described things happen, the other ability is removed and the new one is added. The problem is these two skills do not share a cooldown, and I would like them to.

Summary: When one ability is removed and another ability is to be added, how can you keep the cooldown of the second ability the same as the first?

Level 11
You can't...unless they both have the same BaseOrderID (although I'm not even sure that would work...). BaseOrderID does NOT equal order string, so you can't just change order string to make it work. You would have to make both the abilities based off the same ability, or use two spells based off Channel, make their BaseOrderID's the same, and then completely trigger the effects of both spells (if that is possible).

Level 6
They are currently based off the same ability, and both have their effects completely triggered.

Level 19
Tip: Create 4 abilities based on same
give them to same unit
try to cast them

You need each with different based ability

Level 6
O_O. Anyways I don't want to stop the effects, I want the cooldown to appear properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.