• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trigger: Spell Bug, Cooldown not triggering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I made the below spell. It is a spell that moves the unit instantly to the back of targeted enemy unit and do damage. I base this spell on chain lightning. The problem now is weird.

Problem:
Cooldown is not triggered (I set the cooldown to 10seconds).
Mana is used << Note, Mana is used.

If mana is used, that means it has already started the effect of the spell. But why didn't it trigger the cooldown?

Here is my code. I am very sure i have the cooldown set to 10. Because if i remove the move unit instantly. It will trigger the cooldown. Is there anyway to solve this?

• Ambush
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ambush (Scout)
    • Actions
      • Set ambush_critChance = 30
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to ambush_critChance
        • Then - Actions
          • Set ambush_Bonus = 2
        • Else - Actions
          • Set ambush_Bonus = 1
      • Set ambush_VictimPos = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Set ambush_Pos = (ambush_VictimPos offset by -100.00 towards (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees)
      • Set ambush_dmg = (((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 10) x ambush_Bonus)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real(ambush_dmg)) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s attack animation
      • Animation - Queue (Triggering unit)'s stand animation
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Stampede\StampedeMissileDeath.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to ambush_Pos, facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\FeralSpirit\feralspiritdone.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • -------- Dmg Text --------
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (((Name of (Ability being cast)) + (: + (String(ambush_dmg)))) + !) at ambush_VictimPos with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
      • -------- Clear Leaks --------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ambush_Pos)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ambush_VictimPos)

Status
Not open for further replies.