• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Converting ability to item: targeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Remember the Flare ability given to mortar teams? Well, I'm trying to convert that to an item.

I wasable to make a flare item, but here's the catch: I want to create a non-targetable item that shoots a flare above the player, and doesn't do an area reveal (or at least one that lasts less time).

In simpler terms, I want it to look pretty, and have no actual utility.

So how to I turn targeting and area reveal off?

Level 3
Make an item with a no-target spell. Then let the trigger do everything else by setting it to create a special effect at the triggering unit's location once the unit cast the item ability. Simple.

Level 3
Wouldn't using the Flare model with an untargeted ability work too?

That's what I'm trying to point out in my last post. Make sure that the ability that is used to trigger the flare special effect is a dummy ability. i.e. use the increase mana pool item ability and set the mana increase value to zero. (use it as a dummy ability)

Level 19
make it based on summon water elemantel and make it summon a "huge area seeing" dummy unit

Level 19
hmm doesnt reveal I missed the point

Well
Thunder Clap or many abilities like it with no targets and Flare model
trigger enchanted Penguen squeak

Status
Not open for further replies.