• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem converting mana shield into an item ability and it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this problem that I have had for a while, it involves converting a mana shield spell into an item ability. It may seem as simple as checking IS AN ITEM ABILITY= TRUE, but its actually not that simple. When I do that and even when i change the items cooldown group to the new mana shield item ability, all it does is play the mana shield sound and drain the mana I made the mana shield spell cost.

Level 4
all it does is play the mana shield sound and drain the mana I made the mana shield spell cost.

and the spell isn't actually working? Well i tried it out it seems working for me.

1- First i took mana shield, set levels to 1, hero ability= false, item ability= true,
2- Then i deleted ability from the item that allows hero to cast net, spider silk ring or something like that.
3- And i added the spell to that item.

And all is working. Maybe you missed that you need item which is "clickable" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.