• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Convert Map to Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This is my problem. I remove all but the terrain (because I cant) from my map and save it as SC2Assets, then I rename the folder to SC2Mod, and then I can use that folder as a mod.

When I place the Mod's stuff in a new map I can see all the thing in the Editor, but when I launch the map all the custome models are white semispheres and there is no custome sound or terrain textures, all is white...

I tried to create the mod from 0 but the same happens... T_T

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Multiplayer maps have to reference a published mod, otherwise they are restricted to very limited singleplayer.

Also make sure your mod does not reference two conflicting mods. For example your mod must not be dependant on both the "Liberty (Campaign)" (and its extension Story) mod and the "Liberty Multi (Mod)" mods. Both of those extend the "Liberty (Mod)" and so can not be loaded at the same time (and infact stop the loading of any mods after that point).

Level 2
Well, I removed the Liberty Multiplayer Mod from my mod, now it only has the Liberty as the dependency. The same happens, I can see the models in my editor but ingame they are white semi spheres, the map's dependencies are Liberty and my mod. I tried too creating the mod without dependencies but one more time the same happens.

I'm begining to hate Blizzard because of this, they give us a tool where all is hide or you simply can't do it...I only need to fix that thing to continue my proyect ><!!

By the way, thank you all for trying to help me.

Attachments

• Terreno 012.jpg
    Terreno 012.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot2010-08-20 01_11_06.jpg
    Screenshot2010-08-20 01_11_06.jpg
    867.3 KB · Views: 184

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Um are those models WoW ports???

WoW ports violate your SC2 terms of use and thus are not supported by the game in any way. I say it is likely that the exporter you used is broken so although they work in the editor they do not ingame due to some error in the models. Eithor that or you set them up incorrectly.

Try using a model designed and made for SC2 in a mod and see if it works.

Level 4
I also have this problem, that mod imports currently dont work in maps, but I know that it worked in the beta, where I often used imports in mods...

I guess it's impossible to use mod imports ingame in the current game version and we will have to wait for a fix ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.